Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Issue Using CreateColorImageMappedToDepth Method

idata
Employee

Hello,

I'm working on an Unity Tool including SR300 Support. The problem is that I cannot use the following method:

CreateColorImageMappedToDepth

to map the depth image to the color image. I tried to use R2 and R3 of the RealSense SDK from the official download page.

All samples are working perfectly in Unity.

For using the mentioned method I should use

Intel.RealSense.Projection (which is not available to import).

An import of following parts is possible: (HandCursor, Segmentation, Utility)

Thanks for your help.

Best,

Chris

0 Kudos
9 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Color, depth and IR streaming are part of the 'Essentials' module of R3, which handles interface and streaming functions.

From the release notes of the Essentials module:

Here is a guide to setting up R3 in Unity.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

thanks for your quick answer.

But after my research, R2 should also be able to get this function working.

A followed your guide for R3 but now the namespace PXCM is missing, which is not included in the Essential Package I think.

Do you know how I can access a similar function in R3?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

To be honest I have not had the time to explore R3 beyond making my Unity setup guide for it, as my daily development work uses Unity with R2. I also could not find information about others who had used CreateColorImageMappedToDepth in Unity with R2, and I do not use that function myself.

I hope somebody on this forum can provide further guidance for you. Good luck!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Ok Thanks.

After some research I found out that to use this function following dll has to be included: Intel.RealSense.unity.dll

In my project folder the file is located but with the keyword using I'm not able to include it. Do I have to set some PATH Variables in Windows for example?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello chri5topherus,

Could you please share the current state of your inquiry?

Also, in order to provide the adequate assistance, could you please explain to me what you meant by "… but with the keyword using I'm not able to include it"?

I'll be waiting for your response.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Andres V.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

at the moment I know, that the problem is, that mono develop does not give suggestions on that method (so by just typing the method it should work).

Sry for the thing with the keyboard. I tried to explain that at the top, where stuff can be included, i was not able to but after some research I know, that I don`t have to.

After that, I do need an instance of the projection of the camera. which I m not able to get.

Best,

Chris

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Chris,

I'm sorry, but could you rephrase the issue you are experiencing? I'm having trouble understanding your inquiry.

I'm aware that you have a RealSense SR300 camera, and that you want to develop a program (that uses the CreateColorImageMappedToDepth method) on a Unity Tool using the R3 SDK.

In the meantime, have you checked this thread (https://communities.intel.com/message/471568# 471568 https://communities.intel.com/message/471568# 471568) that discusses an alternative to the CreateColorImageMappedToDepth() method?

I'll be waiting for your response.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Andres V.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Chris,

I was wondering if you could check the suggestion provided.

If you have any other question or update, don't hesitate to contact us.

Regards,

Andres V.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Andres,

this simple snippet shows how everything works quite fine.

The Mapping of both images is good and the mentioned memory problem didn't occurred here.

PXCMSenseManager psm = PXCMSenseManager.CreateInstance();PXCMCapture.Sample sample = psm.QuerySample();if (sample != null) { colorImage = sample.color; if (colorImage != null) { colorTexture2D = new Texture2D(colorImage.info.width, colorImage.info.height, TextureFormat.ARGB32, false); colorImage = projection.CreateColorImageMappedToDepth(depthImage, colorImage); generatePointCloud (depthTexture2D, colorTexture2D); colorImage.ReleaseAccess(colorImageData); } }

By using the Intel RS300 and an VR HMD (Oculus or Vive) i try to give people the ability, to grab stuff from the real world and making these objects visible in their view in the VR. The Camera will be mounted on the HMD.

And I checked the other thread u mentioned bevor, which is nearly the same but in C++.

Thanks.

Chris

0 Kudos