Beginner

FPO number couldn't be read.

it is certain that the cpu is skylake.

ATPO number : "U69R8G3103023"

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

kosia00, Thank you very much for joining the Intel® Processors communities.

To answer your question, in order to identify a processor the FPO is needed, the processor cannot be identified with the ATPO only:

https://supporttickets.intel.com/warrantyinfo?lang=en-US https://supporttickets.intel.com/warrantyinfo?lang=en-US

Now, if you do not have the box, you can always see the model of the processor on it, you just need to remove the thermal grease from it to see it.

Any further questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto

0 Kudos
ksodi
Beginner

Thank you for answering my question.

I have one more question.

If the thermal grease is removed from it,how do I identify the model of the processor?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

kosia00, You are welcome.

Once the thermal grease gets removed from the processor, you should be able to see the model on it, the picture below is just an example:

NOTE: These links are being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto
0 Kudos
ksodi
Beginner

My expression might be bad.

The printed characters on the heat spreader have been defaced.

So I have no choice but to identify it by its substrate.

Is it possible?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

kosia00, Thank you very much for clarifying that information.

To answer your question, no, it is not possible, unfortunately there is now way to identify it without the box or if the markings were defaced from it. As an option in order to get the information you need, you can try to install it on a board and then once it boots to Windows you will be able to identify the model under the "system" information option or sometimes the processor model shows up in the BIOS as well. The thing is that it is going to be difficult to find out which board will work with the processor if we do not know the model, this is just a suggestion.

Let me apologize for any inconvenience.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto
0 Kudos