13 Replies Latest reply on May 11, 2017 3:19 PM by Intel Corporation

Intel NUC DN2820FYKH Bios Failure

JimmyR

All started when i tried to update the bios to the latest version (ATM 0057, I don't know previous version). Bios key was not working before therefore i decided to update the bios.

I used the .exe version to update the bios, i did as it was told to restart the NUC.

After about 15 min, there was nothing on the monitor but it's on. I gave it about another 10 min but nothing is happening and thats when i unplug the power supply.

I plug the power supply back in and attempt to turn on, the power button light came on for about 2 second and the NUC shuts down. 

I have attempted everything from bios recovery to unplug the CMOS battery and left it for 20 minute, there is nothing on the screen.

Bios recovery mode (i jumped the little yellow circuit), USB is in, nothing on screen but the NUC is running. After almost 15 minute, nothing is happening, the NUC is running but nothing on screen.

I think i might have fried the bios chip. (hope not)

Anyone experienced similar issue please give me some tips or trick to get the thing back running.