Thank you for contacting Intel Communities.
Can you please provide the following information to better assist you?
- Default level information for reporting Graphics issues
- Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers
- Please list the graphics driver versions you have tested:
- Please specify the video connection (HDMI/DP, etc):
Answers (N/A if not applicable)
Provide a detailed description of the issue
Please place an X to the right of the option showing how often you see this issue using specific steps. (Ex: 'Every few times a game is started it flickers.' <- This would be "Often")
Always (100%): X
Very Sporadic (<20%):
Brand and Model of the system.
Hybrid or switchable graphics system?
ie Does it have AMD or NV graphics too?
No, only Intel CPU
Make and model of any Displays that are used to see the issue (see note2 below).
LFP = Local Flat Panel (Laptop panel)
EFP = External Flat Panel (Monitor you plug in)
How much memory [RAM] in the system (see note2 below).
Provide any other hardware needed to replicate the issue.
ie: Cables&brand, cable type [vga, hdmi, DP, etc], dock, dongles/adapters, etc
cable type: hdmi
Hardware Stepping (see note1 below).
Operating System version (see note2 below).
windows 10 home edition
VBIOS (video BIOS) version. This can be found in “information page” of CUI (right click on Desktop and select “Graphics Properties”.
NA, can not open "Graphics Properties", it displays an error alert when I click
Graphics Driver version; for both integrated Intel and 3rd party vendors (see note2 below).
SW or Apps version used to replicate the issue.
Single display, clone, or extended (see note2 below).
Display resolution & refresh rate setting of each display (see note2 below).
AC or DC mode, i.e. is power cable plugged in or not?
How to repro
Please provide steps to replicate the issue. These steps are very crucial to finding the root cause and fix.
A screenshot to illustrate the issue is a huge plus. A video of the failure is even better! Attach to the post or provide the YouTube link.
- launch Civilization V from Steam
- choose Directx 10 & 11 in Civilization Launcher
- choose fullscreen and highest resolution in video option in game
- the game will flicker after that
I have tried these drivers:
Thank you for the information.
Can you please follow the next steps for troubleshooting purposes?
- Download the latest graphics driver (direct link to .zip version).
- Disconnect the computer from the Internet.
- Uninstall the current graphics driver from Device Manager.
- Restart the computer.
- Do a manual installation of the driver downloaded in the 1st step.
- Restart the computer.
- Connect the computer to the internet.
sorry for the late. I've tried the steps you listed. The flickering issue disappears and the "Graphics Properties" can be opened. Thank you for your help. I don't have any other questions.