3 Replies Latest reply on May 2, 2017 3:04 PM by Intel Corporation

Edison does not load U-Boot

ThomasMaintz

Hi there,

I wanted to open a ticket but the Maker Support Form does not want me to. Unless there is a popup saying me that "Please enter a value for undefined.". I dont know what to do with that information. Although I have the same problem like in Re: Unable to boot up edison. *** Ready to receive application *** and then nothing happen.

My problem is that I flashed the last iot from the intel edison source onto the edison device and there is nothing but the following output:

PSH KERNEL VERSION: b0182b2b
                      WR: 20104000

SCU IPC: 0x800000d0  0xfffce92c

PSH miaHOB version: TNG.B0.VVBD.0000000c

microkernel built 11:24:08 Feb  5 2015

******* PSH loader *******
      PCM page cache size = 192 KB 
      Cache Constraint = 0 Pages
      Arming IPC driver ..
      Adding page store pool ..
      PagestoreAddr(IMR Start Address) = 0x04899000
      pageStoreSize(IMR Size)          = 0x00080000

*** Ready to receive application *** 

There is no U-Boot loading or else. Is there any way to make the Edison work again?

Thanks a lot

Thomas

• 1. Re: Edison does not load U-Boot
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hi Thomas,

I'm not sure if you are using the same form, but this is the form that you must use: https://supporttickets.intel.com/?lang=en-US, I just submitted a ticket without issues, I used Internet Explorer, if you want to try with it.

About the issue, we would like to know more information about your Edison, on which board are you using your Edison compute module? Was your Edison working before this error? 

Please try to include all the information that you consider helpful to help. Any details that you can provide will help us to speed up the troubleshooting process. 

Have a nice day.

Regards,
          Leonardo R.

• 2. Re: Edison does not load U-Boot
            ThomasMaintz

Hi Leonardo,

I'm using Firefox on two different computer. Sadly I was not able to submit on both machines.

Nevertheless I managed to get the Edison back to work. The suggested problem was that I changed some of the IFWI files without noticing it (I used a lot of windows and got a little dizzy ). So the whole partition thing was messed up and the boot was stuck. Some other people had similar problems:  Re: Edison Bricked but that didn't worked for me in the first place.

Later I found the thread aboutHow to use FW_RCVR and RCVR_MODE pins? and that helped me setting the Edison into "special boot". I've builded the xFSTK from Intel xFSTK Downloader download | SourceForge.net and then the commonly used flashall.sh with the option --recovery.

That took a quite long time and it would be really nice if Intel would gather some information about this product in more detail. The actual documents and even worse the source are outdated so it's a big handicap for everyone who wants to take the next steps and customizing their Edison.

Greetings,

Thomas

• 3. Re: Edison does not load U-Boot
              Intel Corporation
              This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hi Thomas,

About the issue related to submit the ticket, well that's weird, I'm going to report this issue to the proper team.

It is great to know that your Edison is working again, and we really appreciate that you posted the way that you solved it. And thanks for the recommendation, we will definitely consider it.

Have a nice day.

Regards,
              Leonardo R.