10 Replies Latest reply on May 17, 2017 1:39 PM by Intel Corporation

Intel(R) Ref-OS-IoT Build failed

vishnumotghare

Hi,

I'm trying to build the Ref-OS-IoT. It's project requirement to replace exiting kernel with custom kernel.

Followed Link: GitHub - 01org/ref-os-iot: This is the official distribution of the Intel(R) Reference Operating System for the Internet…

Following error occurs while building meta-clang

DEBUG: Executing python function sysroot_cleansstate

DEBUG: Python function sysroot_cleansstate finished

DEBUG: Executing shell function do_configure

-- The C compiler identification is unknown

-- The CXX compiler identification is unknown

-- The ASM compiler identification is unknown

-- Found assembler: x86_64-refos-linux-gcc

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:54 (project):

The CMAKE_C_COMPILER:

x86_64-refos-linux-gcc

is not a full path and was not found in the PATH.

Tell CMake where to find the compiler by setting either the environment

variable "CC" or the CMake cache entry CMAKE_C_COMPILER to the full path to

the compiler, or to the compiler name if it is in the PATH.

The CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER:

x86_64-refos-linux-g++

variable "CXX" or the CMake cache entry CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER to the full path

to the compiler, or to the compiler name if it is in the PATH.

The CMAKE_ASM_COMPILER:

x86_64-refos-linux-gcc

variable "ASM" or the CMake cache entry CMAKE_ASM_COMPILER to the full path

to the compiler, or to the compiler name if it is in the PATH.

cmake looking for x86_64-refos-linux-gcc,  x86_64-refos-linux-g++, etc. Could you please let me know where can i find the above cross compiler?

Thanks,

Vishnu

• 1. Re: Intel(R) Ref-OS-IoT Build failed
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello Vishnu,

Thanks for reaching out!

I'm current building Joule's ref-os-iot on my Ubuntu 16.04 virtual machine in order to see if I can replicate the issue you are experiencing. I'll let you know as soon as I have any updates.

Pedro M.

• 2. Re: Intel(R) Ref-OS-IoT Build failed
            Intel Corporation

Hello Vishnu,

I left my laptop (with a virtual machine) running over the weekend in order to update you today. Nevertheless, it seems I have an issue with my laptop's charger as even though it was connected, it did not charge. So, when I checked the laptop again today I found that it was off and the battery drained. So, the image never finished building.

I'm currently building the image again, I made sure the laptop is now charging and should finish the process soon. I will get back to you once it finishes or if I'm able to see the same behavior as you.

Peter.

• 3. Re: Intel(R) Ref-OS-IoT Build failed
              Intel Corporation

I've finally been able to finish building the Ref-OS-IoT image. The only issues I had were internet-related, I lost connection a couple of times but after resetting the build, the process would continue. Unfortunately, I was not able to replicate the issue you are facing. These are the steps I followed:

sudo apt update
              sudo apt-get install gawk wget git-core git diffstat unzip texinfo gcc-multilib build-essential chrpath socat libsdl1.2-dev xterm subversion xsltproc
              mkdir -p $HOME/work
              cd $HOME/work
              git clone https://github.com/01org/ref-os-iot
              cd ref-os-iot
              git submodule update --recursive --init
              source 5xx-init-build-env
              bitbake full-image

These steps worked with no issues on my Ubuntu 16.04 Virtual Machine.
              Pedro M.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Intel(R) Ref-OS-IoT Build failed
                eeynmre

Hi,

I am also seeing the same issue trying to execute a bitbake full-image -c populate_sdk command for the intel Joule platform, running on an Ubuntu 16.04 host platform.  Debug output attached below.  Any other ideas on what I could be doing wrong?

Regards

Mark Edwards

Log data follows:

| DEBUG: Executing python function sysroot_cleansstate

| DEBUG: Python function sysroot_cleansstate finished

| DEBUG: Executing shell function do_configure

| -- The C compiler identification is unknown

| -- The CXX compiler identification is unknown

| -- The ASM compiler identification is unknown

| -- Found assembler: x86_64-refossdk-linux-gcc

| CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:54 (project):

|   The CMAKE_C_COMPILER:

|

|     x86_64-refossdk-linux-gcc

|

|   is not a full path and was not found in the PATH.

|

|   Tell CMake where to find the compiler by setting either the environment

|   variable "CC" or the CMake cache entry CMAKE_C_COMPILER to the full path to

|   the compiler, or to the compiler name if it is in the PATH.

|

|

|   The CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER:

|

|     x86_64-refossdk-linux-g++

|

|

|   variable "CXX" or the CMake cache entry CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER to the full path

|   to the compiler, or to the compiler name if it is in the PATH.

|

|

|   The CMAKE_ASM_COMPILER:

|

|

|

|   variable "ASM" or the CMake cache entry CMAKE_ASM_COMPILER to the full path

|

|

| -- Warning: Did not find file Compiler/-ASM

| -- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!

| See also "/home/mark/work/ref-os-iot/build/tmp-glibc/work/x86_64-nativesdk-refossdk-linux/nativesdk-clang/3.8.0+gitAUTOINC+06cf4b238f_9fd77bd681-r0/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".

| See also "/home/mark/work/ref-os-iot/build/tmp-glibc/work/x86_64-nativesdk-refossdk-linux/nativesdk-clang/3.8.0+gitAUTOINC+06cf4b238f_9fd77bd681-r0/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log".

| WARNING: exit code 1 from a shell command.

| ERROR: Function failed: do_configure (log file is located at /home/mark/work/ref-os-iot/build/tmp-glibc/work/x86_64-nativesdk-refossdk-linux/nativesdk-clang/3.8.0+gitAUTOINC+06cf4b238f_9fd77bd681-r0/temp/log.do_configure.26763)

• 5. Re: Intel(R) Ref-OS-IoT Build failed
                  Intel Corporation

Hi eeynmre,

I just started the image building process again but this time with the command bitbake full-image -c populate_sdk, let me see if I can replicate the behavior you are describing.

I will update you once the building finishes.
                  Pedro M.

• 6. Re: Intel(R) Ref-OS-IoT Build failed
                    eeynmre

Hi Pedro,

do you have any update on my and Vishnu's issue?  I am still stalled on it and would like to get moving again!

Regards

Mark Edwards

• 7. Re: Intel(R) Ref-OS-IoT Build failed
                      Intel Corporation

Sorry for the delay in my response. Yes, I do have an update for this. I've been running some tests, trying to build the image with the additional "-c populate_sdk", yet I have not been able to do so. This is my output:

makers@makers-VirtualBox:~/Documents/Peter/work/ref-os-iot/build$ bitbake full-image -c populate_sdk
                      Loading cache: 100% |########################################################################################################################################################################| Time: 0:00:02
                      Loaded 3355 entries from dependency cache.
                      Parsing recipes: 100% |######################################################################################################################################################################| Time: 0:00:02
                      Parsing of 2547 .bb files complete (2543 cached, 4 parsed). 3359 targets, 145 skipped, 0 masked, 0 errors.
                      WARNING: No bb files matched BBFILE_PATTERN_batman '^/home/makers/Documents/Peter/work/ref-os-iot/build/../meta-ref-os-iot/meta-common/meta-batman/'
                      WARNING: No bb files matched BBFILE_PATTERN_intel-arduino '^/home/makers/Documents/Peter/work/ref-os-iot/build/../meta-ref-os-iot/meta-common/meta-intel-arduino/'
                      NOTE: Resolving any missing task queue dependencies

Build Configuration:
                      BB_VERSION        = "1.33.1"
                      BUILD_SYS         = "x86_64-linux"
                      NATIVELSBSTRING   = "universal"
                      TARGET_SYS        = "x86_64-refos-linux"
                      MACHINE           = "intel-5xx-64"
                      DISTRO            = "ref-os-iot"
                      DISTRO_VERSION    = "1.0+snapshot-20170508"
                      TUNE_FEATURES     = "m64 corei7"
                      TARGET_FPU        = ""
                      meta             
                      meta-selftest     = "HEAD:9f225ef5620f2e47e762b2fd16fa5f8d6f1f60fd"
                      meta-intel        = "HEAD:5153dad2fa695bbb579c03ff795ef649269e8420"
                      meta-refkit       = "HEAD:11c3a736d9e824c85f50653db3ec5adabe47a8ae"
                      meta-oic          = "HEAD:b9ba736871b8f8b741cc9c1d88dda56e63a35091"
                      meta-iot-web      = "HEAD:7960e39f92434ee968fc86e38a98eeffdc5041fa"
                      meta-gnome       
                      meta-networking  
                      meta-oe          
                      meta-python      
                      meta-xfce         = "HEAD:5ecbf9bab404af0de7d0f058d1620f40dae0d2d8"
                      meta-intel-realsense = "HEAD:d60a3c69e0a9f38bdead72bc39857d891f32585c"
                      meta-ref-os-iot   = "master:c320ccd962953eee52be7584167f10a99ac308ca"
                      meta-qt5          = "HEAD:81fb771c3f31110e50eebcb004809361fdb28194"
                      meta-ros          = "HEAD:2cd378a1c1702e7b3e4ef3e97e987eb6af7b56e0"
                      meta-java         = "HEAD:a265b31ec7d022be254abdf959360a7624208585"
                      meta-clang        = "HEAD:dc1d9d550a5d33d76a3bc6162739edccbd8bf012"
                      meta-batman       = "HEAD:925ad8343613ca3c4274840b9e18225f5be0d231"
                      meta-intel-camera = "HEAD:a8c6730c2ca7608646a00b7da5460cbc6a08d902"
                      meta-intel-arduino
                      meta-5xx          = "master:c320ccd962953eee52be7584167f10a99ac308ca"

Initialising tasks: 100% |###################################################################################################################################################################| Time: 0:00:23
                      NOTE: Executing SetScene Tasks
                      NOTE: Executing RunQueue Tasks
                      ERROR: nativesdk-clang-3.8.0+gitAUTOINC+06cf4b238f_9fd77bd681-r0 do_configure: Function failed: do_configure (log file is located at /home/makers/Documents/Peter/work/ref-os-iot/build/tmp-glibc/work/x86_64-nativesdk-refossdk-linux/nativesdk-clang/3.8.0+gitAUTOINC+06cf4b238f_9fd77bd681-r0/temp/log.do_configure.2555)
                      ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/makers/Documents/Peter/work/ref-os-iot/build/tmp-glibc/work/x86_64-nativesdk-refossdk-linux/nativesdk-clang/3.8.0+gitAUTOINC+06cf4b238f_9fd77bd681-r0/temp/log.do_configure.2555
                      Log data follows:
                      | DEBUG: Executing python function sysroot_cleansstate
                      | DEBUG: Python function sysroot_cleansstate finished
                      | DEBUG: Executing shell function do_configure
                      | -- The C compiler identification is unknown
                      | -- The CXX compiler identification is unknown
                      | -- The ASM compiler identification is unknown
                      | -- Found assembler: x86_64-refossdk-linux-gcc
                      |   The CMAKE_C_COMPILER:
                      |
                      |
                      |
                      |   variable "CC" or the CMake cache entry CMAKE_C_COMPILER to the full path to
                      |   the compiler, or to the compiler name if it is in the PATH.
                      |
                      |
                      |   The CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER:
                      |
                      |     x86_64-refossdk-linux-g++
                      |
                      |
                      |   variable "CXX" or the CMake cache entry CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER to the full path
                      |
                      |
                      |   The CMAKE_ASM_COMPILER:
                      |
                      |
                      |
                      |   variable "ASM" or the CMake cache entry CMAKE_ASM_COMPILER to the full path
                      |
                      |
                      | -- Warning: Did not find file Compiler/-ASM
                      | -- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
                      | See also "/home/makers/Documents/Peter/work/ref-os-iot/build/tmp-glibc/work/x86_64-nativesdk-refossdk-linux/nativesdk-clang/3.8.0+gitAUTOINC+06cf4b238f_9fd77bd681-r0/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
                      | See also "/home/makers/Documents/Peter/work/ref-os-iot/build/tmp-glibc/work/x86_64-nativesdk-refossdk-linux/nativesdk-clang/3.8.0+gitAUTOINC+06cf4b238f_9fd77bd681-r0/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log".
                      | WARNING: exit code 1 from a shell command.
                      | ERROR: Function failed: do_configure (log file is located at /home/makers/Documents/Peter/work/ref-os-iot/build/tmp-glibc/work/x86_64-nativesdk-refossdk-linux/nativesdk-clang/3.8.0+gitAUTOINC+06cf4b238f_9fd77bd681-r0/temp/log.do_configure.2555)
                      ERROR: Task (virtual:nativesdk:/home/makers/Documents/Peter/work/ref-os-iot/build/../meta-ref-os-iot/meta-common/meta-clang/recipes-devtools/clang/clang_git.bb:do_configure) failed with exit code '1'
                      NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 4207 tasks of which 4203 didn't need to be rerun and 1 failed.

Summary: 1 task failed:
                        virtual:nativesdk:/home/makers/Documents/Peter/work/ref-os-iot/build/../meta-ref-os-iot/meta-common/meta-clang/recipes-devtools/clang/clang_git.bb:do_configure
                      Summary: There were 2 WARNING messages shown.
                      Summary: There was 1 ERROR message shown, returning a non-zero exit code.
                      makers@makers-VirtualBox:~/Documents/Peter/work/ref-os-iot/build$

I will continue my tests to see if we can figure out what might be happening.

Pedro M.

• 8. Re: Intel(R) Ref-OS-IoT Build failed
                        eeynmre

Hi Pedro,

do you have any further updates on this matter, I am still stalled because of it and REALLY need to get moving again.  Can I supply you with any further information from my build to assist you in your investigations?

Best Regards

Mark Edwards

• 9. Re: Intel(R) Ref-OS-IoT Build failed
                          Intel Corporation

Hello Mark,

Unfortunately no, we don't have any updates at this point. We are currently working on this, in fact we have informed the engineering team about this so they can also take a look at it.

We appreciate your patience and we apologize for any inconvenience or delay that this might be causing. We will reply to this thread as soon as we have any news.

Pedro M.

• 10. Re: Intel(R) Ref-OS-IoT Build failed
                            Intel Corporation

Hello Mark,

We have an update for this case.

A fix for this issue has been pushed to the Ref-OS-IoT GitHub for SDK.  It is now available at:
                            https://github.com/01org/ref-os-iot/commit/1d2a875aafaf3492d3971c459b7fe5b5cf796314

Please add this fix to your build, try again and let us know how it goes.
                            Pedro M.