2 Replies Latest reply on May 2, 2017 12:33 PM by Intel Corporation

NUC6CAYH - HDMI - no screen at all

wok

HI there,

Yesterday I've bought a NUC6CAYH. After putting in the 1 8GB RAM Stick (KVR16LS11/8) and a 1TB Samsung EVO SSD, Nothing happened. Several of my screens have shown "no connection" on the HDMI port. I just can't see anything. Today morning I brought the NUC back to the retailer, telling him, the HDMI port must be broken. Just received a brand new one - guess what? Exactly the same. No screen at all. Monitors reporting "no connection" at all over the HDMI port. So much bad luck?

I even took out the memory and the disk and tried to start it. As described in some support pages here, the NUC is blinking when there is bad RAM or no RAM installed. So it did. Putting back the RAM and the SSD again, it looks like it's started. However, I can't get any connection at all through HDMI on the monitor. And yes, I've made sure, that also the monitors are switched to the right ports. I've actually even tested through all ports on every monitor. No screen. It's like it doesn't even send any date nor power through HDMI to the monitors.

And yes, I've tried it with different HDMI cables, that are proven to work with just other machines here in my home....

I've tested it 3 Monitors, incl. a TV - no connection at all over HDMI What could it be?

Did I really get two bad NUC's in a row with defective HDMI ports?

Thanks for any help in advance

iwok

• 1. Re: NUC6CAYH - HDMI - no screen at all
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello wok,

Thank you for contacting the Intel community.

I’m sorry for the bad experience you have with these two units, I’m wondering if it is possible for you to try with a VGA cable, this is just for testing purposes, if the VGA works we can begin to think that the HDMI port might be defective.

Is the HDMI you have 1.4 or 2.0? If it is 1.4 perhaps you want to try 2.0 instead.

Please let me know.

Best regards,

Ivan.

• 2. Re: NUC6CAYH - HDMI - no screen at all
            Intel Corporation
            This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello ,

I'm following on this post to ask you if your issue has been resolved or if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Ivan.