Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here

Where's the Optane?

CEngl1
Beginner

I was pretty excited for today, expecting to make a quick Amazon order and have the 32GB memory module in my hand in a few days. Turns out I could only find 3 online stores that even list the product (Amazon, Newegg, and Mouser), and they are all on backorder except for a single third-party seller on Amazon who claims to have the 16GB modules in stock. The way this was marketed, especially considering the embargo, it seemed like that there would be stock all over the place just waiting to be sold today on the 24th. Mouser claims that the earliest date they expect to even get any stock is early July!

So I guess my question is... What gives? Why conduct a sales embargo if the resellers didn't even have the product stock in their hands yet?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Xtopher757,

Thanks for your question.

Intel® Optane™ Memory will be available from Intel's resellers, ODMs, online retailers and other retailers. You can go ahead and check in the http://locate.intel.com/ following link, select your country, city and check with the closest stores.

Regards,

Nestor C
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Xtopher757,

We would like to know if you still have further questions, we will be waiting for your response.

Regards,

Nestor C
0 Kudos
CEngl1
Beginner

Hey Nestor,

I'm still looking for the 32gb modules, but they seem to be just as rare as they were on launch day. Do you guys have any recommendations as to where I can get them?

Thanks,

Chris
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Xtopher757,

The situation with the 32GB modules is that for some reason are out of stock. We have asked this and we hope all of our resellers have them available soon. Unfortunately, there is no ETA for these ones yet, but hopefully, they can get those in the next days.

You can also pre-order the module and as soon as the become available, they will ship it to you.

Regards,

Nestor C
0 Kudos
CEngl1
Beginner

Thanks for the reply.

I did some calling around and it seems that your resellers are mostly interested in using Optane for their own pre-built machines for now. I don't blame them, it's a smart move since it's likely tons more profitable using them to sell their own systems with the latest tech than to simply resell the modules themselves. It's just frustrating for builders like myself who just would like to test it out for myself before recommending it to others.

Regards,

Chris
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I agree Chris, I am also very frustrated that the 32GB Optane modules are simply unavailable. Sorry Intel, but I rather not purchase the 16GB model. A simple Google search finds the very few retailers that only have the 16GB model in stock, three total. I have never found the 32GB model in stock anywhere.

I'm a moderator in a mother board manufacture's support forum. The questions about the use of Optane are starting to appear, and while the Intel Optane Memory Installation and User Guide is a great reference, nothing compares to actually installing and using it. I have the necessary hardware to support Optane (Z270 board, i7-7700K), new UEFI version installed with the IRST 15.5 Option ROM, IRST 15.5 F6 driver and Windows IRST driver and utility package, all ready to use. I will need to test installing and configuring an Optane accelerated system in multiple ways, from a fresh Windows 10 installation, to a worst case conversion of an existing Windows 10 installation not done in RAID mode or UEFI mode, if possible. The larger 32GB model will more likely survive the multiple enable and disable cycles that I'll be performing. Plus I would rather not purchase a 16GB model now only to find the 32GB model becoming available shortly thereafter.

Eventually I imagine I'll give up and buy the 16GB model if I have no other choice. Limiting the customer's choices leaves a bad impression

I've been excited about Optane since it was announced quite a while ago. Now it's finally, barely here.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello all.

We do understand you all, but at the moment here is the response:

• We are very excited about the release of Intel® Optane™ memory and are ramping supply to meet current demand
  • Product reviews and media coverage have been overwhelmingly positive generating tremendous demand for both the 16GB memory module, which has already shipped and the 32GB module, scheduled to ship to distributors globally this week.
  • Most major online retailers are accepting pre-orders for the 32GB, and are providing estimated ship dates to end customers for both.

Regards,

Nestor C

0 Kudos