Items with no label
3335 Discussions

RealSense DCM R200 intall freezes

MKatl
Beginner

Dear All,

I am trying to install the RealSense DCM R200. I start the installer, and after a while it shows a blank window and freezes in this state forever:

How can I solve this issue?

0 Kudos
10 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Could you attach an image please of the System Information window of your PC? You can find this by going to the text box at the bottom of your Windows screen (the one beside the button where you shut down) and typing 'system info' into the box. Thanks!

0 Kudos
MKatl
Beginner
0 Kudos
MKatl
Beginner
0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Ah, it's an Up Board. Thanks, that's very helpful. I will do some research and get back to you. Thank you for your patience.

Edit: something that I noticed immediately though is that you are using Windows 10 with the Up Board and the R200? In the Intel Robotic Development Kit that uses the R200 and Up Board, it uses the Linux OS Ubuntu instead of Windows.

0 Kudos
MKatl
Beginner

Platform: Windows 10 Home x64 on Intel Atom x5

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Ok, so you have Windows 10 and an Intel Atom Cherry Trail processor, so you meet the specification for the R200. Can you tell me the make and model of your device please, just so I can check for any past reports of issues with that model?

0 Kudos
MKatl
Beginner
0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

An information page for the Robotic Development Kit says "The robotic board ships with support for Ubuntu. In addition, many other operating systems (including Microsoft Windows 10 and various Linux versions) are possible, with support through the developer community."

This suggests that the up Board is only guaranteed to work with Ubuntu straight out of the box and whilst using it with Windows 10 may be possible, you may need to take additional steps to do so,

0 Kudos
MKatl
Beginner

MartyG thanks a lot for the information. Can you please point me to the corresponding piece of the documentation? What additional steps need to be taken?

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Thank you for your patience. I could not find information about specifically using the R200 and Windows 10 with the Up Board. I did though find a YouTube video about installing Windows 10 on the Up Board. Maybe you could watch this and compare it with your own Windows 10 setup process on the Up Board.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iru_yd5AicM [4K] Installing Windows 10 to the UP Board Single Board Computer - YouTube

The video maker waves the camera around a lot though, which makes it hard to follow. Here's an alternative one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIhT61Vlq-M Windows10 Install on an UP Board - YouTube

0 Kudos