5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 27, 2017 2:22 PM by Intel Corporation

WiFi and SSH working, can't connect via browser?

MGeo03

Hi,

I'm getting started with my Edison and breakout board.  I configured it, set password and enabled SSH, WiFi access.  All working well, and I can log in via SSH using PuTTY on Win10 just fine.

I see some instructions showing pointing web browser to Edison IP address (192.168.0.32 in my case, known good being used for PuTTY session) to get an id screen from Edison.  I can not get this to work and am wondering why that is.  I enter 192.168.0.32 in the browser but get this in Chrome:

This page isn’t working

192.168.0.32 didn’t send any data.

ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

I'm sure it is something obvious I'm leaving out but noob status is keeping me from finding it.  I have Googled but no luck so far.

Thanks,

George

• 1. Re: WiFi and SSH working, can't connect via browser?
          SpiderKenny

On some Builds of the Edison image the node service crashes as soon as your request the webpage due to a versioning error.

I noticed this some time ago, but I never got round to reporting it.

I'll see if I can dig out the details.

Of course, if you want to replace the existing web contents with your own, then the problem goes away since it is just the factory installed content that causes the crash.

• 2. Re: WiFi and SSH working, can't connect via browser?
            SpiderKenny

So here's what appears in my system log when I try to attach a web browser to my Edison:

Apr 24 08:25:48 edison su[290]: /usr/lib/edison_config_tools/edison-config-server.js:349

Apr 24 08:25:48 edison su[290]: if ((result.code != 0) || (result.output.trim() === "Master")) {

Apr 24 08:25:48 edison su[290]: ^

Apr 24 08:25:48 edison su[290]: TypeError: Cannot call method 'trim' of undefined

Apr 24 08:25:48 edison su[290]: at inWhiteList (/usr/lib/edison_config_tools/edison-config-server.js:349:44)

Apr 24 08:25:48 edison su[290]: at Server.requestHandler (/usr/lib/edison_config_tools/edison-config-server.js:361:8)

Apr 24 08:25:48 edison su[290]: at Server.emit (events.js:98:17)

Apr 24 08:25:48 edison su[290]: at HTTPParser.parser.onIncoming (http.js:2113:12)

Apr 24 08:25:48 edison su[290]: at HTTPParser.parserOnHeadersComplete [as onHeadersComplete] (http.js:122:23)

Apr 24 08:25:48 edison su[290]: at Socket.socket.ondata (http.js:1971:22)

Apr 24 08:25:48 edison su[290]: at TCP.onread (net.js:528:27)

Apr 24 08:25:48 edison systemd[1]: edison_config.service: main process exited, code=exited, status=8/n/a

Apr 24 08:25:48 edison systemd[1]: Unit edison_config.service entered failed state.

The part "result.output.trim()" is the culprit.

It seems output is undefined, which probably means there is a problem with shell, and shell is an instance of shelljs.

I haven't tried updating node or shelljs to see if it fixes the issue yet.

• 3. Re: WiFi and SSH working, can't connect via browser?
              Intel Corporation
              This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hi George,

Thank you for contacting us.

Unfortunately, this is a known issue with the latest image, if you download the previous image from here (https://software.intel.com/en-us/iot/hardware/edison/downloads), you won't have issues with this.

We want to apologize about this, and we hope to fix this in future releases.

Have a nice day.

Regards,
              Leonardo R.

• 4. Re: WiFi and SSH working, can't connect via browser?
                MGeo03

Ok, thanks for the timely response.  I was wanting to make sure it was not something I was missing.

Best Regards,

George

• 5. Re: WiFi and SSH working, can't connect via browser?
                  Intel Corporation
                  This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hi George,

It was a pleasure to answer your question, feel free to contact us if you have doubts.

Have a nice day.

Regards,
                  Leonardo R.