Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20495 Discussions

Graphics corruption HD 530 in Firefox and during video playing

DSlav
Beginner

Hello,

I have a Dell notebook with Intel HD 530 inside. Drivers and configuration is displayed on the screenshot below.

My problem is that I am getting graphical issues in Firefox and during video playing using FF or Media Player Clasic.

In Firefox the problem is during vertical scrolling - the screen is "waving" during scrolling. Also when looking at maps (e.g. google maps) - zooming, scrolling through the map, after some time cuses image corruption. The screen starts blinking, parts of the screen are black, sometimes the whole Firefox window gets black and needs to be killed over task manager. Another issue is playing of a video. Again, the image is waving on some place when the camera is moving from one side to another. This is happening in FF and MPC as well, both use hardware acceleration.

Currently I am using latest drivers provided by Dell (4483).

Does anybody have the same issue?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

Review this thread and the other ones listed as similar on the right side.

There are graphics issues with Firefox since years with all GPU vendors.

https://www.google.de/search?q=firefox+graphics+corruption+site:bugzilla.mozilla.org&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b&gfe_rd=cr A Google search exposes an epic list

0 Kudos
DSlav
Beginner

Hi Stefan,

I have seen the thread you mentioned before posting my thread, however it is not usable for me... I have latest graphics drivers provided by Dell and have latest Firefox (52)

My basic question is, is it graphics driver problem or is it Firefox problem? I don't think it is a Firefox problem as I am having issues with MPC as well...

0 Kudos
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

I have latest graphics drivers provided by Dell and have latest Firefox (52)

My basic question is, is it graphics driver problem or is it Firefox problem?

Hard to say what's broken.

Are you stuck with the outdated DELL driver because/thread/112740 latest generic driver fails to install?

If so, install via "have disk method" as descibed at http://www.windowscentral.com/how-install-intel-beta-graphics-drivers-surface http://www.windowscentral.com/how-install-intel-beta-graphics-drivers-surface (ignore prolog about MS Surface).

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello xxsawer,

I understand you are getting graphics corruption in Firefox.

Let me apologize for any inconvenience this issue may be causing to you.

Please try installing the graphics driver Stefan3D advised you to install, and let me know if issue persists or not.

Regards,

Fred
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello xxsawer,

I was wondering if you were able to test latest graphics driver from our website. if you still need assistance just let me know.

Regards,

Fred
0 Kudos