4 Replies Latest reply on May 1, 2017 3:32 PM by Intel Corporation

Cannot change SATA Mode back to "AHCI" after uninstalling IRST -> Causes BlueScreen

Chrissi1001

Hello,

after multiple different issues I had with IRST I decided to delete my RAID1 volume in IRST and uninstall the software from my computer.

After doing so I restarted the computer and changed the SATA Mode in the UEFI of my ASRock H97 Anniversary mainboard back from "RAID" to "AHCI".

Unfortunately Windows 7 doesn't seem to start anymore after I changed the SATA Mode but when setting it back to "RAID" the system boots just fine again.

However, I do not want to use the "RAID" SATA Mode anymore because I simply do not need it as I no longer have a RAID array in my computer and I also do not want the IRST Option ROM to pop up for a few seconds every single time I boot up my computer.

I found this https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/922976/error-message-occurs-after-you-change-the-sata-mode-of-the-boot-drive article from Microsoft regarding the issue and performed the steps listed in that article but that does not seem to help either.

How can I boot Windows in the "AHCI" SATA Mode again and disable the IRST Option ROM?