3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 20, 2017 1:15 PM by Intel Corporation

Unable to add Intel Edison to Arduino IDE

doubleguan

Dear developers,

Today just before I connected my Intel Edison to my computer and was ready to download my program to my board, I found that Intel Edison did not show on the 'Board' of my Arduino IDE.

So I tried to use the "Board Manager" of Arduino IDE to add Intel Edison back but it only showed Arduino AVR Boards but nothing else. (shown below)

I tried to find Intel i686 Boards by searching 'Intel'  but nothing appeared. (shown below)

I reset my Arduino IDE but same thing happens again.

Could you please tell me why it happens and how can I solve this urgent problem?

微信图片_20170420004039.png

微信图片_20170420013512.png

Regards,

doubelguan

• 1. Re: Unable to add Intel Edison to Arduino IDE
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hi Doubelguan,

Thank you for contacting us.

Sometimes we have this issue when we are connected to a VPN, so please make sure that you are connected directly to the network. 

Also, there were some cases with issues with the Arduino IDE where the users fixed these issues using the Arduino IDE in English.

Please try our suggestions, and if the issue persist can you tell us which Arduino IDE's version are you using?

We hope you find this useful.

Have a nice day.

Regards,
          Leonardo R.

• 2. Re: Unable to add Intel Edison to Arduino IDE
            doubleguan

Dear Leonardo R.

Thank you so much for your reply.

I have tried the method you told me but the problem has not been solved.

There is one thing that I could not change the language of my Arduino IDE to English even I have already changed the format of my computer to English(USA).

The version of my Arduino IDE is Arduino 1.8.2.

Could you please tell me is there another way to solve my problem?

Thank you so much !

Regards,

Double Guan

• 3. Re: Unable to add Intel Edison to Arduino IDE
              Intel Corporation
              This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hi Double Guan,

We are not sure why this is happening to you, we noticed that you can't see any package according to the error message, not only the Intel packages. The content should be accessible through this link http://downloads.arduino.cc/packages/package_index.json but you can't get data from it. 

The best recommendation that we can give you is to contact Arduino for a better support: https://www.arduino.cc/. We think it should be something with the network access like VPN, proxys, firewalls, etc,  so we think that they should provide suggestion to fix it.

Have a nice day.

Regards,
              Leonardo R.