1 2 Previous Next 16 Replies Latest reply on Jun 5, 2017 12:40 PM by rohanK23

Make application on Intel Aero

jflipts

Dear,

I followed this guide Intel® Aero Compute Board and Intel® RealSense™ Technology for Wi-Fi* Streaming of RGB and Depth Data | Intel® Software to get the depth data of the Realsense. I'm able to build the files in eclipse on Ubuntu. For this I had to include librealsense and gstreamer libraries. Then I copied the project onto the Intel Aero Compute Board and tried to make, but I get a fatal error that some headers are not present and compilation failed. I was wondering how I could get the correct headers onto the Aero and how to link them. Should I install the libraries onto the Aero and how would this be done? Or are there better/other/easier ways of accomplishing this?

Kind regards,

Jeroen Flipts

• 1. Re: Make application on Intel Aero
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello Jeroen,

Thank you for your interest in Intel® Aero Compute Board.

I’ll suggest you to go through the Quickstart Guide (https://github.com/intel-aero/meta-intel-aero/wiki/Quickstart-Guide), specially focusing on the following sections: Flash Intel Aero, Update BIOS, and Update FPGA Firmware.

Since you mentioned you are using Ubuntu, please keep in mind the following disclaimer (https://github.com/intel-aero/meta-intel-aero/wiki/01-About-Intel-Aero):

Many developers may prefer prototyping with typical linux distributions like Ubuntu. Intel is not supporting nor shipping Ubuntu on Intel Aero, but the community may publish recipes on how to install Ubuntu manually. Ubuntu and other Linux distros may be installed on Intel Aero, but some functionality may or may not work, notably the cameras from the Computer Vision kit.

In the Developing on Intel Aero section (https://github.com/intel-aero/meta-intel-aero/wiki/Developing-on-Intel-Aero), you can check how to include the recipe to enable LibRealSense (a similar method can be followed to enable GStreamer).

Please let me know if you find the previous information useful.

Regards,
          Andres V.

• 2. Re: Make application on Intel Aero
            jflipts

Hello Anders

I have to clarify some things. I'm developing on a laptop with ubuntu and then copy the files over ssh to the intel aero compute board with yocto. On the laptop my code compiles, but not on the intel aero because of the missing libraries. I tried the developing on intel aero guide, but it is not clear to me which "build" directory they mean. Do I need to compile the libraries in order for them to work and how would this be done?

Kind regards,

Jeroen Flipts

• 3. Re: Make application on Intel Aero
              Intel Corporation

Hello Jeroen,

Thank you for further explaining your inquiry.

In order to add the librealsense layer, after following the Get sources and Set environment (https://github.com/intel-aero/meta-intel-aero/wiki/Quickstart-Guide) steps, follow the Develop on Intel Aero (https://github.com/intel-aero/meta-intel-aero/wiki/Developing-on-Intel-Aero) guide. That way, when you build the image, you’ll have included the librealsense layer (a similar method should be followed for any other layer).

Note: the Build directory (build) is created with the oe-init-build-env script.

Have a nice day.

Regards,
              Andres V.

• 4. Re: Make application on Intel Aero
                jflipts

Hi Anders

Thanks for the reply.

I was wondering if librealsense is already installed on a rtf drone. If so, what are the include paths? If not, is there another way to install the libraries without flashing the drone, because I do not have a usb otg cabble. So I'm unable to flash it.

Also I would like to add that on Developing on Intel Aero · intel-aero/meta-intel-aero Wiki · GitHub there is no real usefull information on how to add the librealsense layer.

Kind regards,

Jeroen Flipts

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                • 5. Re: Make application on Intel Aero
                  lstrano

jflipts a few comments:

1. Regarding the point about the wiki, librealsense layer is already enabled by default so when building using that you would not need to add it. We're working on improving the documentation right now so hopefully these things will become clearer, thanks for the feedback;
                  2. If you are on the image that was shipped with the drone and unable to update, the librealsense version that is installed there is v1.9.4. If you build your application against that version locally and copy the binary it should work. The headers are not installed by default there only the library itself. Another option would be for you to download that version of librealsense, copy the headers and use them to compile on the drone;
                  3. It is strongly advised that you update the drone. With the last release of the image (1.3.1), the update procedure has changed to only require a usb-otg cable and not a usb hub/keyboard/monitor anymore, so hopefully this will make it easier for you. We've updated the librealsense that is shipped on the drone as part of this release as well.
                  • 6. Re: Make application on Intel Aero
                    Intel Corporation

Hello Jeroen,

Librealsense, as well the corresponding examples are already installed in the RTF drone. For more information on this matter, please check this link: https://github.com/intel-aero/meta-intel-aero/wiki/RealSense.

Please keep in mind that flashing the RTF drone helps keep the system up-to-date, so it’s important to flash the UEFI BIOS and the OS (also the FPGA and the flight controller in certain cases), so try to get an OTG cable.

Have a nice day.

Regards,
                    Andres V.

• 7. Re: Make application on Intel Aero
                      jflipts

Hi

Thanks for the replies.

Today I was able to make the file onto the board but when i try to execute the file with ./AutoStream I get an error saying that: -sh: ./AeroStream: No such file or directory . Even though the file is clearly there on the file system.

Second, I ordered an usb OTG cable so hope to update the drone soon. I'm planning on only updating the operating system, or should the flight controller be done too? I guess I'll have to download them here: Download Intel® Aero Platform for UAVs Installation Files? When I have made an usb drive to flash should I initialize the flashing by typing: aero-update-reboot.py over SSH? Because I wont be able to connect a keyboard if the usb is connected.

Kind regards,

Jeroen Flipts

• 8. Re: Make application on Intel Aero
                        Intel Corporation

Hello Jeroen,

I’m glad to hear that you decided to invest in a USB OTG cable.

It’s important to update the flight controller as well as the operating system. The steps to accomplish this are here: https://github.com/intel-aero/meta-intel-aero/wiki/02-Initial-Setup.

FlashingTheFlightController.png

I’ll recommend you to get a self-powered USB HUB, but it is also possible to communicate via SSH to type the corresponding commands.

Have a nice day.

Regards,
                        Andres V.

• 9. Re: Make application on Intel Aero
                          jflipts

Dear Andres

So over the weekend I flashed the drone to the latest version. Before, I was able to make the program on the drone but wasn't able to execute it. After the update, when I try to make following error occurs:

root@intel-aero:/home/AeroStream/Debug# make

Building file: ../AeroStream.cpp

Invoking: GCC C++ Compiler

g++ -I/usr/include/gstreamer-1.0 -I/usr/lib/gstreamer-1.0/include -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gstreamer-1.0/include -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -O0 -g3 -Wall -c -fmessage-length=0 -MMD -MP -MF"AeroStream.d" -MT"AeroStream.o" -o "AeroStream.o" "../AeroStream.cpp"

Finished building: ../AeroStream.cpp

Building target: AeroStream

Invoking: GCC C++ Linker

g++ -L/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu -L/usr/lib -L/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gstreamer-1.0/ -o "AeroStream"  ./AeroStream.o   -lgstreamer-1.0 -lgstapp-1.0 -lgobject-2.0 -lglib-2.0 -lrealsense

/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-poky-linux/5.3.0/../../../../x86_64-poky-linux/bin/ld: cannot find -lrealsense

collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

makefile:44: recipe for target 'AeroStream' failed

make: *** [AeroStream] Error 1

Any help would be appreciated

Kind regards

Jeroen Flipts

• 10. Re: Make application on Intel Aero
                            Intel Corporation

Hello Jeroen,

I’m glad to hear that you could update your drone.

Do you experience the same issue when running the librealsense examples (https://github.com/intel-aero/meta-intel-aero/wiki/RealSense)?

Could you please share the program you are trying to make in order for me to run it and see if I get the same error message?

Is this inquiry related in any way to the issue you present in this thread https://communities.intel.com/thread/113940?

I’ll be waiting for your response.

Have a nice day.

Regards,
                            Andres V.

• 11. Re: Make application on Intel Aero
                              jflipts

Hi Andres

Thanks for the reply.

I'm still able to execute the examples like cpp-capture that are located in /usr/bin . They aren't located on same path like before though (/usr/share/librealsense).

The question here is only partially related to the other question. For this question I started from this guide: Intel® Aero Compute Board and Intel® RealSense™ Technology for Wi-Fi* Streaming of RGB and Depth Data | Intel® Software. I followed the guide, copied the source code, setup eclipse and the include paths etc.

In the end I'd like to get a file with integers for each frame in which each integer is the depth of a certain point. Something like they get from this example: RealSense - Getting started with the Depth Data provided by Intel® RealSense™ Technology | Intel® Software .

Kind regards

Jeroen Flipts

• 12. Re: Make application on Intel Aero
                                Intel Corporation

Hello Jeroen,

Thank you for the information provided.

I understand that you are following this guide: Intel® Aero Compute Board and Intel® RealSense™ Technology for Wi-Fi* Streaming of RGB and Depth Data.

Is the source code in the previous article the one that gave you the make: ***[AeroStream] Error 1 error message?

Have you modified the source code in any way?

Which version of Eclipse did you used? 

I’ll be waiting for your response.

Have a nice day.

Regards,
                                Andres V.

• 13. Re: Make application on Intel Aero
                                  jflipts

Hello Anders

That is indeed the guide I'm following and the unchanged source code I'm using. I'm using the latest version of eclipse (Neon.3). I get the error when I try to make on the board though and not in Ubuntu.

I'll be awaiting your response.

Kind regards,

Jeroen Flipts

• 14. Re: Make application on Intel Aero
                                    Intel Corporation

Hello Jeroen,

Thank you for the information provided.

Now I’ll try to reproduce the issue in order to come up with something that you may find useful. As soon as I have relevant infromation I’ll post them here.

In meantime, if you have any update regarding the issue you are experiencing, don’t hesitate to share it.

Thank you for your patience.

Have a nice day.

Regards,
                                    Andres V.

1 2 Previous Next