7 Replies Latest reply on Feb 26, 2011 9:32 PM by

Bios upgrade advice for D945GTP, D945PLM motherboard

14nickintel

The bios for the individual motherboard models D945GTP and D945PLM are different.

Can someone direct me to the proper Bios for the motherboard in the title please.

Message was edited by: Nicholas Baker

• 1. Re: Bios upgrade advice for D945GTP, D945PLM motherboard
          T.C.

I have that motherboard on one of my computers. I looked up my driver storage area and show the last Bios I downloaded for that is named NT94510J.86A.4078.EB.EXE     It has a last modified date of June 21, 2007.

Hope that helps.

T.C.

• 2. Re: Bios upgrade advice for D945GTP, D945PLM motherboard
            14nickintel

Ok, I am checking your information, thank you.

I have 2 motherboards both giving 3 beeps at boot and nothing else. I just now found the recovery position for hte jumper and that let me into the bios. I made changes in the bios and exit and see the "power off and change the jumper to normal position" and do just that.

But then I try rebooting and the 3 beeps begin.

I am guessing to try a bios flash to maybe recover.

All I did to provoke the 3 beeps was change the Bios memory setting to 667 to match the 1GB memory stick(it just occurred to me, maybe the memory stick has incorrect specifications for the motherboard but the computer worked ok for one month.

• 3. Re: Bios upgrade advice for D945GTP, D945PLM motherboard
              14nickintel

Hi, T.C.

Comparing the Bios you posted and the Bios I used earlier on these two motherboards I think I have used the proper Bios, thank you.

I am concerned after finding Additional Computer Information  in the Bios and seeing the bios in there is written as 3191 and the Bios on the front Bios page is the Bios version I flashed the bios to 4119 or 4131 , whichever I flashed it to.(don't want to lok there at the moment so I don't lose track of what I am doing with the computer)

Do you think this is an error that needs fixing? ...I am asking similar questions in another post where I am listing all the symptoms experienced with this computer so will try to leave this thread as soon as I can and post relevent information there.

• 4. Re: Bios upgrade advice for D945GTP, D945PLM motherboard
                T.C.

Hi Nicholas,

Without seeing screen shots, it hard to say exactly why you are seeing a difference in the BIOS Version displayed. It's possible you got a mixed BIOS but I don't believe that is very common. Either it works or it doesn't.  So in that case, the BIOS is probably okay.  I think the issue, as you are finding, is the 3 beeps. That indicates a memory issue.  I'd follow the help you are getting on the other post.  One thing I can add to that is you can download a file called "memtest". It fits on a floppy disk.  You boot the computer with the program in the floppy and it goes into the memory test and runs a series of tests.  I have used it many times to test memory.  It will tell you if it finds a defect in the memory modules you are using.

Good luck!

• 5. Re: Bios upgrade advice for D945GTP, D945PLM motherboard
                  14nickintel

I am flashing the bios to the lowest bios version I can see in the Bios.

That version is in the Manufacturers Additional Computer Information page.

The flash is succesful and now trying to load Windows to the Recovery console where the computer was rebooting from before.

right, Recovery console is loaded ok.

I am repairing ths computer for a guy who used crack software but I made sure he used a legal copy of Windows.

He will get a stern warning from me and I will recomend he stop using crack software because I think that is been the problem and who would not be surprised aboutt that.

Anyway, I am now going to try to find out how to restore Winlogon.exe, Csrss.exe and Msgina.dll fikes to Windows XP and hope the problem is solved or I will come back pleading again.

These computers worked fine until I diddled the bios to oerate at 667MHz for my fancy 667M

• 6. Re: Bios upgrade advice for D945GTP, D945PLM motherboard
                    14nickintel

This post is about a problem I described in another post.

I have completed a Bios Recovery with this same computer, much to my satisfaction, and am very pleased that went well.

Problem is solved, thank you.

• 7. Re: Bios upgrade advice for D945GTP, D945PLM motherboard

sir,

i say that my computer is start very slow if you have any soft plz send me