3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 16, 2017 4:22 PM by kaspian

Reset BIOS to default options - NUC7i3bnh

kaspian

Anyway, I am attempting to reset BIOS to default, and am referring to the following page:

http://www.intel.nl/content/www/nl/nl/support/boards-and-kits/000005845.html

Can someone confirm that the directed key-pressed for resetting the BIOS to defaults are as follows (taking from above page)...

If BIOS settings were changed, revert to default values:

1. Press F2 during boot to enter BIOS Setup.
      2. Press F9 to set defaults.
      3. Press F10 to save and exit BIOS.

I am almost positive that there a few extra key-presses in there, but without a monitor, I'm unsure if it's working. 

Of course, if it's even possible without the monitor functioning, that is. 

• 1. Re: Reset BIOS to default options - NUC7i3bnh
          N.Scott.Pearson

You have to press Y after pressing F9 and again after pressing F10.

...S

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Reset BIOS to default options - NUC7i3bnh
            lw1948

Since you don't have a monitor you will not be able to know when you should press F2 to enter to bios setting. You will not have any indication if you actually have entered into bios setting and you can press F9 and F10 keys.  Instead, I'm suggesting to enter the bios setting from Power Button Menu:

The Power Button Menu is accessible via the following sequence:

1. System is in OFF

2. Press the power button and hold it down for 3 seconds but no more than 4 seconds

3. The system will emit three short beeps from the front panel (FP) audio port, then stop to signal. Now you should release the power button. The FP power button LED will also change from Blue to Amber when you can release the power button.

4. You should release the power button before the 4-second shutdown override.

5. Next,  FP power button LED will change from Amber to Blue and then NUC will reboot into Power Button Menu. During this short boot, the LED will go OFF and then stay ON. Wait about 1 minute till NUC stabilizes.

As you see without monitor, using speaker or headphones connected to audio port and/or monitoring the power button LED color you will know that the Power Button Menu is reached.

Now pressing F2 (without confirmation) will set you into bios settings. Then press F9 and Y to set bios defaults and F10 and Y to save and exit.

Hope this helps

Leon

2 of 2 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Reset BIOS to default options - NUC7i3bnh
              kaspian

Wow, that's really detailed.  Thanks so much. 

I'm just trying different OS's out and roaming around the BIOS. 

Thanks so much.