10 Replies Latest reply on Apr 24, 2017 11:49 AM by Intel Corporation

Intel Graphics Driver for Windows 7*/8.1* [15.36] win64_153633.4568.exe causes my monitor to flicker on and off with the error message "display driver has stopped responding and has recovered"

Chlobug

Intel Graphics Driver for Windows 7*/8.1* [15.36] win64_153633.4568.exe causes my monitor to flicker on and off with the error message "display driver has stopped responding and has recovered" and then my computer freezes and I have to restart it via the power button.  The process is an endless loop unless I rollback/uninstall the drivers.  Without the update, my second monitor cannot be detected and thus I cannot extend my displays.  While the second monitor cannot be manually detected through right-clicking the desktop and selecting "Screen Resolution", it still "works" but it merely mirrors what is displayed on the first monitor.

I have even contacted Microsoft about this issue twice, and it seems that nothing can be done.  I hoped that they could help due to it being a driver issue that I noticed via Windows Update.

To offer you some background information, I was playing League of Legends four days ago and my computer froze and ultimately crashed with spewed graphics frozen on the screen.  Upon restarting my computer, the screen was littered with red artifacts.  I updated my drivers, reinstalled Windows, formatted my hard drives, and even reset my BIOS.  I was really desperate to fix this.  Anyway, I forfeited and I took out the graphics card, a NVIDIA Geforce 780 Ti.  It is currently at the post office awaiting its replacement.

Now, I am using my generic onboards graphics from my GIgabyte motherboard.

However, this latest update from Intel is screwing me up.  I cannot launch League of Legends due to a "Directx" error and I cannot even launch Toontown Rewritten (nostalgia, anyone?), which is a game from 2003 and obviously very easy for a modern computer to run.  I have no idea where to go from here.  Sure, I don't expect these onboard graphics to run Ark: Survival Evolved at full settings, but Toontown?  Really?

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz   4.00 GHz

Installed memory (RAM): 16.0 GB (15.8 GB usable)

System type: 64-bit Operating System

Please note that this issue has happened in both Windows 7 Ultimate and in Windows 10.