1 2 Previous Next 21 Replies Latest reply on May 16, 2017 6:24 AM by Intel Corporation

Serverboard S5500BC restarting randomly

cspiby

I'm having issues with my configuration of an S5500BC, on the latest 64 BIOS, 32GB RDIMM (4x8), with 2x e5620 Xeons.

The Chassis is a Intel SC5650BRP which has a 600w PSU installed.

Randomly, the system will restart, it is running unRaid which is based on linux, but I am unable to capture a kernel panic, its almost as if someone has turned off the power then turned it back on. I have monitored this by setting up a webcam to watch the console output on the VGA screen. Sometimes it will run for a few hours, or a few days before rebooting, it doesn't seem to correlate to periods of high activity or usage on the system.

The error manager in the BIOS is blank, I have not yet checked the SEL log.

All the components test fine, I've ran tests on the memory and CPU's, the memory has actually been completely replaced with a different brand and the problem persists.

I have seen a couple of other threads on here with similar issues, but ultimately, no solution.

The board has come to me second hand so I don't know the history, its not impossible that it might just be failing given its age.

Any thoughts?

1 2 Previous Next