9 Replies Latest reply on May 8, 2017 5:00 PM by Intel Corporation

*Blue Screen Error_NDIS_DRIVERS/Computer freezing when playing Youtube videos (Please Help)*

Lwinters44

So I have been having issues with Blue Screen Errors (of death) for months now. It happens when I watch Youtube videos and after about 30 minutes or so of watching, the Youtube video will freeze but the audio will continue to play for a few more seconds until it, too, stops. Then Google Chrome says the web page is not responding and the whole page will freeze up and when I try to exit out of the window, a pop up comes up and it gives the option of "Wait" or "Cancel. I've tried waiting but it never works and when I click cancel, the whole web page exits out. After that, I cannot open Google Chrome again unless I restart the whole computer. (I've tried closing Google Chrome with Ctrl + Alt + Delete and Task Manager, but it does not seem to help. I still have to restart the computer) On certain occasions, the computer will freeze up so much that I do not get the chance to exit out of Google Chrome before the Blue Screen pops up with a giant sad face emoticon saying the computer had to restart. It says the error code is: BUGCODE_NDIS_DRIVERS.

There are so many drivers on the computer, I didn't know where to begin. So I ended up downloading a program I found online called Driver Reviver by ReviverSoft. It's supposed to scan the computer and tell you all the drivers that are in need of updating. I don't know if the list of drivers (or the software) is legitimate or not but I figured I'd put the list here, maybe it can help somehow.

My Question is, does anyone know how I can fix this issue? I want to be able to watch Youtube videos again without having to worry about my computer exploding. And if you don't know how to fix it, do you know any potential solutions or things to look into? I would GREATLY appreciate it. I have been trying to fix this for several months now. Thanks a lot and God bless your cute little soul for helping a computer failure like me

Computer Lenovo B40-30 All-in-One

Operating System: Windows 8.1 (64 bit)

Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics

Browser: Google Chrome Version 57.0.2987.133

P.S. Here's the list from Driver Reviver:

Intel(R) 82802 Firmware Hub Device

System Devices

Realtek Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter

Bluetooth

Intel(R) Display Audio

*Unplugged Sound, Video, and Game Controllers

Intel(R) Managment Engine Interface

system Devices

High Precision Event Timer

System Devices

Intel(R) 8 Series/C220 Series PCI Express Root Port #3 - 8C14

System Devices

Intel(R) 8 Series/C220 Series PCI Express Root Port #4 - 8C16

System Devices

PCI Express Root Complex

System Devices

Intel(R) 8 Series/C220 Series PCI Express Root Port #1 - 8C10

Realtek High Definition Audio

Sound, Video, and Game Controllers

Intel(R) H81 LPC Controller - 8C5C

System Devices

Realtek PCIE CardReader

Memory Technology Devices

Intel(R) 8 Series/C220 Series PCI Express Root Port #5 - 8C18

Motherboard Resources

System Devices

Intel(R) 8 Series/C220 Series SMBus Controller - 8C22

System Devices

Intel(R) 8 Series/C220 Series PCI Express Root Port #2 - 8C12

System Devices

Intel(R) 8 Series/C220 Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller

IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers

Intel(R) XEON(R) processor E3-1200 v3/4th Gen Core processor PCI Express x16 Controller - 0C01

System Devices

LENOVO LBG 1090p CAM

Imaging Devices

*Sorry for the long post, by the way. Just wanted to provide as much detail as possible to help

• 1. Re: *Blue Screen Error_NDIS_DRIVERS/Computer freezing when playing Youtube videos (Please Help)*
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

, Thank you very much for joining the Intel® General Discussion communities and for providing all those details, we really appreciate that.

To try to fix this problem, we recommend to install the drivers provided by Lenovo manually, because sometimes those tools are not that accurate in finding and installing the proper drivers for your system, we can try chipset, management engine and graphics drivers:
          Chipset
          http://pcsupport.lenovo.com/uu/en/products/DESKTOPS-AND-ALL-IN-ONES/LENOVO-B-SERIES-ALL-IN-ONES/LENOVO-B40-30-ALL-IN-ONE/downloads/DS037298
          Management Engine:
          http://pcsupport.lenovo.com/uu/en/products/DESKTOPS-AND-ALL-IN-ONES/LENOVO-B-SERIES-ALL-IN-ONES/LENOVO-B40-30-ALL-IN-ONE/downloads/DS100611
          Intel VGA:
          http://pcsupport.lenovo.com/uu/en/products/DESKTOPS-AND-ALL-IN-ONES/LENOVO-B-SERIES-ALL-IN-ONES/LENOVO-B40-30-ALL-IN-ONE/downloads/DS100338
          Your computer also works with Nvidia graphics, on the link below you will find the driver for it:
          http://pcsupport.lenovo.com/au/en/products/desktops-and-all-in-ones/lenovo-b-series-all-in-ones/lenovo-b40-30-all-in-one/downloads/ds040729

Did you make recent hardware changes on the computer, like for example the memory RAM?
          This problem, it only happens when watching youtube videos or it also happens on any other streaming video site or while doing something else?
          Did you try to un-install and re-install chrome or to use a different browser?

A BIOS update is always an option on this scenario, but before trying that, please get in contact with Lenovo directly to get the instructions of how to do it and also to get further suggestions:
          http://pcsupport.lenovo.com/uu/en/contactus?linkTrack=footer:Support_Contact%20Us
          https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/au/en/supportphonelist

Please let us know the results of trying the steps above.

Any further questions, please let me know.

Regards,
          Alberto

• 2. Re: *Blue Screen Error_NDIS_DRIVERS/Computer freezing when playing Youtube videos (Please Help)*
            Lwinters44

Thank you very much for your reply! I will definitely try each download and see if the problem is resolved. Thanks again!

• 3. Re: *Blue Screen Error_NDIS_DRIVERS/Computer freezing when playing Youtube videos (Please Help)*
              Intel Corporation

You are welcome, perfect, take your time to do those tests and once you get the chance please let us know the results.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,
              Alberto

• 4. Re: *Blue Screen Error_NDIS_DRIVERS/Computer freezing when playing Youtube videos (Please Help)*
                Lwinters44

Okay, so:

Chipset - downloaded

Management Engine - I ran the system update scan and it says "No drivers are required to update for your machine"

Intel VGA - Same as the Management Engine; ran the system update scan and it says "No drivers are required to update for your machine"

Nvidia GeForce 800M - Again, same as above, "No drivers are required to update for your machine"

I did not make any hardware changes to the computer recently (or ever for that matter lol)

As for whether this error occurs while only using Youtube or other websites, I only really use Youtube to watch videos so I'm not sure. Occasionally, I use Daily Motion but I have never had problems with that. But the problem only occurs when I am watching Youtube so other websites (non-streaming websites) do NOT cause any issues

I did try re-installing Google Chrome. I even switched to Mozilla Fox (which is what I am currently using as I type this reply) and the problem has so far only occurred once in the first week which made me think it was Google Chrome. But lately, it seems to be happening, slowly, more frequently but definitely a lot less than Google Chrome. So I've been sticking with Mozilla Fox until I can fix this problem.

I'm trying to contact Lenovo about the BIOS update right now. I'll let you know when I find out more.

UPDATE:

So I ended up restarting my computer in the middle of typing this reply because after installing everything, the internet went out. My computer sometimes does that, the internet itself will be fine but my computer just decides to stop picking it up so I restart to fix the problem. However, this time after restarting, it took several minutes to log back into the computer. Every time I would try to enter my password into the welcome screen, it would pause and then the password would just disappear and I'd enter it again and the same thing would happen. This continued about seven minutes until it finally let me log in. I don't know if this is related in any way, probably not, but I figured I'd mention it just in case.

So, after trying everything you mentioned (except for the BIOS thing; I'm still waiting for that) I am going to try to go back to Google Chrome and watch Youtube for a little and see if anything happens. Thanks for all of your help. Fingers crossed!

UPDATE: (again)

So I looked into contacting Lenovo about the BIOS update but so far, I am only finding some support pages for how to install and check your BIOS. I guess in order to contact Lenovo for tech support you need to pay to have "preium support" or else you have to go to the forums or the support pages they have listed on their website.

The pages I found were these:

BIOS Popular Topics: How-To, Troubleshooting

How to check your BIOS version on Windows 7, 8 and 10

They recommended going to their Drivers & Software pages and scanning your computer to see if their is an update for BIOS. I tried this and it gave the "No drivers are required to update for your machine" message.

• 5. Re: *Blue Screen Error_NDIS_DRIVERS/Computer freezing when playing Youtube videos (Please Help)*
                  Intel Corporation

, Thank you very much for letting us know those results and for providing those details, we really appreciate that.

And yes, at this point the best thing to do will be to get in contact with Lenovo directly, not only to gather the information about the BIOS update but also to get further steps to try. Based on the fact about the problem you mentioned previously where there was an issue with the password and that it took 7 minutes to be able to log you in, it indicates that this issue could be related to memory RAM, to the  chipset or management engine drivers or even the hard drive, but that is something that will need to be checked by Lenovo to confirm that in the case a warranty service is needed for the system.

From our end, we did the best we could in order to try to fix this trouble, please let us know the results of contacting Lenovo again.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,
                  Alberto

• 6. Re: *Blue Screen Error_NDIS_DRIVERS/Computer freezing when playing Youtube videos (Please Help)*
                    Lwinters44

I think it worked!

I have been using Youtube on Google Chrome for the past 4 days and the problem has not occurred once

I think the solution was updating the Chipset via the download link you provided, seeing as the other updates only resulted in the website saying "No drivers are required to update for your machine".

I cannot thank you ENOUGH. This problem has been bugging me for so long now that it seems like a dream come true lol. Thank you so much for investing time in helping a complete stranger. Hopefully, someone with the same issue will find this thread in the future and they will have the same luck If anything changes and the problem comes back, I'll update this thread.

God bless ya and have a great Sunday!

• 7. Re: *Blue Screen Error_NDIS_DRIVERS/Computer freezing when playing Youtube videos (Please Help)*
                      Intel Corporation

, You are very welcome. Perfect, excellent, thank you very much for letting us know that information, it is great to hear that the problem got fixed and the computer is working fine now, hopefully there will be no more problems with it.

Any other inquiry, do not hesitate in contact us again.

Regards,
                      Alberto

• 8. Re: *Blue Screen Error_NDIS_DRIVERS/Computer freezing when playing Youtube videos (Please Help)*
                        Lwinters44

Well, the problems have come back :l

And this time, it seems to be worse.

Originally, the problem occurred only when viewing Youtube; now it is happening when I visit different websites, and it is now occurring on both Google Chrome and Mozilla Fox. In the past two days, my computer has ran into the blue screen error 4 times, and that's when I have only been on it for about two hours, combined over the two days.

The blue screen error occurred when I was using Youtube one time, another time it was when I was using Wix.com which is a website creator/editor.

Additionally, I was using iTunes and Apple Music and the computer froze and ran into a blue screen error, only this time, there was a new Bug code error: BSOD kernel thread priority floor violation.

Out of the 4 times the computer has run into the blue screen errors in the past 2 days, 3 of the four times the Bugcode error was the original one: BUGCODE_NDIS_DRIVERS.

I am going to reach out to the Lenovo community and see if they have any additional support they can offer. In the meantime, if you have any further recommendations, I would really appreciate it because this is rendering my computer all but useless

Thanks again for all of your past help and for even reading this.

EDIT :

I ended up also contacting Microsoft support and got in touch with a tech support representative. After allowing them remote control of my computer, they cleaned up the disk and and did a system restore and then the rep said that my problem is fixed! I don't know quite yet if that is the truth, seeing as this just occurred, but I am going to use my computer for the next few days and see how everything goes. According to the rep, he says the problem was a Network Driver.

We'll see if this resolves the issue. If I forget to update this thread, you can assume that the problem was fixed. Thanks to everyone who read this and thanks to intel corporation for all of your assistance! Good luck to anyone who happens to read this thread in the future and hopefully, this will resolve your errors, too!

• 9. Re: *Blue Screen Error_NDIS_DRIVERS/Computer freezing when playing Youtube videos (Please Help)*
                          Intel Corporation

, You are very welcome. Thank you very much for sharing those details, I am sure they will be very helpful for all the peers viewing this thread.

Hopefully, there will be no more problems with the computer anymore.

Any other inquiry, do not hesitate in contact us again.

Regards,
                          Alberto