3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 17, 2017 5:14 PM by Intel Corporation

audio issue with  NUC5i5MYHE

JerryF

We have an external mic feeding a mixer and plugged into one leg of a Y cable (TRRS) going into the audio port of the NUC5i5MYHE (running Ubuntu) and the other end of the Ycable feeds an amp/speaker.  The issue is when the unit has a power interruption, or the NUC is rebooted, there is a loud thump and then the unit just continuously makes unacceptable noise that continues.  We tried adding a noise filter but then the NUC doesn't sense the mixer/mic.  Any suggestions.  

• 1. Re: audio issue with  NUC5i5MYHE
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello JerryF,

Thank you for contacting Intel Communities.

The loud thump is expected when there is a power interruption, however; it shouldn't be continuous.

• Did this use to happen before or never happened? 
          • Are they new devices (the Mic/Speaker) you are just connecting to your Intel® NUC?
          • Does this happen if only the amplifier is connected? (without the Y cable)
          • Can you please test the system in a Windows environment (Windows® 10 Preferably)? So we can try with different drivers, this because Intel hasn't validated your OS to work with your Intel® NUC, you can check the following article for further information:
          Supported Operating Systems for Intel® NUC Products

I hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,
          JC
          • 2. Re: audio issue with  NUC5i5MYHE
            JerryF

Thank you for the feedback JC.  We found a solution by using the USB for the audio out instead of trying to process both input and output through the audio port.  In that config it seems to work fine.

• 3. Re: audio issue with  NUC5i5MYHE
              Intel Corporation
              This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello JerryF,

Thank you for the update.

I am glad to hear everything is working as it should.

Please don't hesitate in contacting us back if you need further assistance.

Best Regards,
              JC