1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 12, 2017 8:07 AM by MichelleC_Intel

Flashing via ISSM

jstruthers

Lately I've been evaluating microprocessors for an upcoming product design and I can't help but wonder if I'm doing something incorrectly. I have what I consider a small application (approximately 30KB compiled), and the process of compiling & flashing this application using ISSM (on Windows 10) to the C1000 eval board takes upwards of an entire minute to complete. In comparison, I have an STM32 dev board compiling using IAR and the entire process of compiling & flashing completes in less than 10 seconds. I'd like to choose the C1000 (for various reasons), but waiting more than a minute to begin debug is frustrating, and I'm worried how this might scale as the app grows. Has anyone encountered this issue? Is there a rate or speed setting I'm missing?

Thanks folks,

-James

• 1. Re: Flashing via ISSM
          MichelleC_Intel

Hi James,

Can you confirm whether you are compiling QMSI or Zephyr applications (Compiling Zephyr applications takes considerably longer on Windows).

Is it the compiling or Flashing that is taking time ? For me I see consistently < 10 secs to flash a 30kb application from ISSM on Windows 10

target state: halted

force hard breakpoints

0x4002f008: 000028a0

0x4002f40c: 00000060

.########.########.########.########.########.########.########.########.########.########.########.########.########.################

29128 bytes written at address 0x40030000

########

1236 bytes written at address 0x400371c8

downloaded 30364 bytes in 7.748276s (3.827 KiB/s)

-Michelle.