justinpyo1205, the issue seems to be pointing to the Nvidia you installed; however, you can try installing our latest Intel® HD Graphics version which you can find here; Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows* [15.45]. Use the methods below to uninstall and install this new version;
Uninstalling the current Intel® HD Graphics driver;
- Open the Device Manager.
- Expand the Display Adapters section.
- Find the Intel Graphics Driver.
- Right click Intel Graphics Driver and select Uninstall.
- Select the check box Delete the driver software for this device.
- Reboot the computer after uninstall process has finished.
Installing the new Intel® HD Graphics driver;
- Login with administrator privileges
- Open Control Panel.
- Open Device Manager.
- Click on "Display adapters".
- Double click "Intel HD Graphics".
- Click on the "Driver" tab.
- Click on "Update Driver" button.
- Click on "Browse my computer for driver software".
- Click on "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer".
- Click on "Have Disk" button.
- Click "Browse".
- Navigate to the folder that you unzipped the Intel HD Graphics driver to.
- Navigate to the Graphics sub-folder.
- Double click the igdlh64.inf or igdlh.inf file <-- depends on if you have 32 or 64 bit OS.
- Click "OK".
- Click "Next", Driver should now be installing.
- If successful, click "Close", Reboot.
Please let me know how it goes.
thank you. problem solved after reinstalling Intel hd graphics driver.