5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 17, 2017 4:31 PM by Intel Corporation

nuc6i5syh suddenly no more display

Dilbert

I'm using an nuc6i5syh with an 4k Display at the DP port. It worked fine for month. Yesterday I tried to start but got no signal on the display. The PC seemed to start (some sound of the vent and the LED went on). I connected the monitor to the HDMI port without success. The monitor works fine at the HDMI output of my laptop. Does anybody have an idea, what ist wrong? SW issue or has the graphics just been gone?

• 1. Re: nuc6i5syh suddenly no more display
          N.Scott.Pearson

Have you tried connecting the NUC to a DP or DVI monitor?

• 2. Re: nuc6i5syh suddenly no more display
            Dilbert

I used the DP of the display. I tried the HDMI to HDMI connection, too. W.o. success.

I tried my spare display (I used bevore the 4k model) with HDMI to DVI, again w.o. success.

So no screen on any the ports.
            What makes me wonder that it worked for month before. And it didn't fail during operation but simply at the next day.

I didn't make any BIOS update and there was no system (WIN10) update before it failed.

When I try to boot, the system LED indicates some operation, but goes out after a several seconds.

I didn't recognize any beeps from the diagnosis.

After that, it doesn't react on the start button untill I've removed the supply.
            Does that indicate any RAM problems?

• 3. Re: nuc6i5syh suddenly no more display
              lw1948

1. The blinking code for memory error is: 3 blinks (3 beeps), On-off (1.0 second each) three times, then 2.5-second pause (off).

The pattern repeats until the computer is powered off. So in your case it doesn't look that you have RAM problem.

2. Any way I understand that you even don't see the bios video (i.e. INTEL logo and F2,F7,F10 menu). In this case I'll try first recover bios, using bios recovery method with security jumper removed:BIOS Recovery Update Instructions for Intel® NUC . The last bios 0059 .bio file you can download from here: Download BIOS Update [SYSKLi35.86A]  . I'm suggesting the security jumper method, because it starts and ends automatically. You don't need to see any video. If you don't see the update progress on screen, you shall see at least that  the blinking led:

Continual blinks Off when the update starts, then on for 0.5 seconds, then off for 0.5 seconds.

The pattern repeats until the BIOS update is complete.  After the update process finishes, switch the NUC OFF and then ON.

3. It can be problem also with your power supply. Can you try feed your NUC from  an other power supply?

4. Try to power on your nuc with minimum components: 1 memory stick, without SSD, without HD.

Leon

• 4. Re: nuc6i5syh suddenly no more display
                Intel Corporation
                This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Thank you very much to and for the suggestions provided above.

, Thank you very much for joining the Intel® NUC communities.

Besides trying the steps provided previously, another option that might help will be to clear CMOS:
                http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/000005805.html

Please let us know the results of trying the steps above.

Any further questions, please let me know.

Regards,
                Alberto

• 5. Re: nuc6i5syh suddenly no more display
                  Intel Corporation
                  This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you, and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,
                  Alberto