This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation
We understand your system is having sound drops when you use Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software. We would like to mention that the wireless drivers should not affect standard sound functionality, so, this may be caused by other components of the system. Here are some items for your consideration, based on your initial description of the issue:
- Contact the Computer Manufacturer Support and confirm that your PC is using current/recommended motherboard BIOS.
- Make sure you are using the latest OEM's wireless drivers.
- Update the sound drivers.
- Confirm your system has any applicable Windows* updates.
- If this happens when you use a specific software, or when running a specific function (ie: sound or video streaming/broadcasting), make sure that the software you are using is the latest version and that your system meets all its requirements (CPU, memory, network bandwitdh, OS version, etc.).
For additional assistance, please let us know the following:
- Does the problem happen when playing any sound? or only under specific tasks/programs?
- Was the wireless adapter built from factory with your PC?
- Download Intel® System Support Utility, run the tool, and use it to create a report with all sections, once the report is created, click on the "Next" button. In the following screen, save the report to a file. Then use the Advanced editor options to add the resulting XML file to your post as an attachment.