4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 10, 2017 10:11 AM by Intel Corporation

Galileo gen 2 nodeJS

Ahmed_BHK

Hello
      This is my first post on the forum and unfortantly I made it to ask for help and not to help others .
      Well my problem was installing nodeJS ... on Intel Galileo gen 2 but I solved it and I can now code my board using NodeJs
      So I had the idea of helping others and making an image ready to use with samples ...
      My team and me are working on it and I am wondering about how is it possible to make it official and here comes my need for help.

• 1. Re: Galileo gen 2 nodeJS
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello Ahmed_BHK,

Thank you for interest in the Intel® Galileo Board.

I understand that your team is working on an image and samples, and that you want to make them available to the other community members.

Could you please give me more details about what you want to share with the community (guide/documentation/links)? What exactly do you mean by make it official? How do you envision your work as part of this community?

One way to share your knowledge with the community is by creating a document through the “Write a document” option that appears under the “Actions” menu in the Support Community main page.

Untitled.png

Thank you for wanting to share your experience with the community, we really appreciate it.

I’ll be waiting for your response.

Regards,
          Andres V.

• 2. Re: Galileo gen 2 nodeJS
            Ahmed_BHK

Hi
            I mean by making the image official is to be tested by intel(for verification) and published as a ready to use image for node Js

Every user can contribute by making new samples or making some good projects to help others begin with node js on galileo

• 3. Re: Galileo gen 2 nodeJS
              FGT

Hi Ahmed_BHK,

Ahmed_BHK wrote:

Hi
              I mean by making the image official is to be tested by intel(for verification) and published as a ready to use image for node Js

Every user can contribute by making new samples or making some good projects to help others begin with node js on galileo

I think Intel has not provided a method for verification, storage, and publication of user-made Linux yocte images, but to make your own image. Maybe I'm wrong, in which case the Intel people will say something about it. Anyways, I think your experience can be publised by means of a document, as expalined by Andres V. in his post above. If you describe in detail the problem and the way you solved (and make your own image) I think it would be better than the image itself, because you'll be explaining rather than directly providing something like a binary. Other users will be able to contribute too, because it will be no more (and no less) than explaining new details for fixing other problems or including other software packages to new images.

HTH,

Fernando.

• 4. Re: Galileo gen 2 nodeJS
                Intel Corporation
                This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello Ahmed_BHK,

I can confirm the information that Fernando kindly provided, unfortunately, Intel doesn’t provide a verification, testing, or publishing method for images created by customers.

As I previously stated, the best way to share your knowledge with the community is by creating a document, that way you can also keep exchanging ideas with other members. 

Have a nice day.

Regards,
                Andres V.