I'm having trouble setting my environment.
First of all let me explain a bit on my environment I'm intending to work with:
- Camera: R200
- Intel board: Joule
- OS: Ubuntu 16.04 (Linux)
- Programming language: C++ (librealsense)
- Project purpose: PersonTracking
I installed RealSense SDK for Linux and librealsense.
I made multiple attempts to set the environment and each time I re-installed everything from scratch because I encountered problems.
I managed to get to a point where I start working on some code relying on references from Intel® RealSense™ for Linux - Person Library: Developer's Guide
I have some questions about my environment:
1) whats the difference between realsense SDK and librealsense? To what purpose each of them is?
2) Do I need them both or just one of them? (Cause from what it seems the SDK is for the recognition and tracking modules and librealsense is for handling frames and camera output)
3) It seems that libs from the SDK are not accessible when I can access librealsense libs (and visa versa).
When I could include rs:: namespace (under librealsense) I couldn't include Intel::RealSense namespace (and Intel::RealSense namespace contains all the tracking modules)
When I could include Intel::RealSense namespace (from SDK) I couldn't include rs:: namespace (from librealsense and can't get a reference to device class instance) namespace contains all the tracking modules)
4) I can access rs::core namespace but cannot access rs::person_tracking (even though its installed in my include and lib usr directories). Why is that?
5) In the developer guide link I put, there is a line of such:
rs::core::intrinsics color_intrin = rs::utils::convert_intrinsics(device->get_stream_intrinsics(colorStream));
the device instance is from librealsense and rs::core is from the SDK, as I mentioned before, I can't get to include them both in my project. Any advice what to do?
6) What do I need to install to get started with my project?
Note that the guides are not trivial and not so clear as for what is the purpose of them (realsense SDK and librealsense) and which one to use for what purpose?
Thanks in advance,