5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 25, 2017 3:11 PM by Intel Corporation

NUC6i3SYH Slow Wireless

uncle.tim

NUC6i3SYH Windows 10 using all latest drivers on Intel's site. BIOS 0059, Wireless 19.40.0

all other wireless devices get 50mbps download, the Nuc gets 8mbps at the most using either 2.4ghz or 5ghz connection.

runs pretty well other than that.

Any ideas?

• 1. Re: NUC6i3SYH Slow Wireless
          Saw

I have same problems. But in my case, wi-fi speed ~20-40mbit, while some other devices can reach 50-80mbit easily (with the same settings). Deal with it, or move your router and try to reduce the interference.

• 2. Re: NUC6i3SYH Slow Wireless
            Intel Corporation
            This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello uncle.tim,

Thank you for contacting the Intel community.

If you have the latest driver, have you tried rolling back to a previous version to see if it gets any better? Or you can try uninstalling the driver reinstalling it. You can download the latest version here:
            Intel® Wireless Technology-Based Driver for Windows® 10 for Intel® NUC Kit NUC6i[x]SY

Check for sources of interference, particularly if using IEEE* 802.11 Wi-Fi adapters working in the 2.4 GHz spectrum. Possible interference sources can include: Cordless phones that operate in the 5 GHz spectrum, microwave ovens, Bluetooth® technology-enabled devices, and other 802.11 Wi-Fi networks.

Also you can configure 802.11n Channel Bonding on Intel® Wireless Adapters

Best regards,

Ivan.

• 3. Re: NUC6i3SYH Slow Wireless
              Intel Corporation

Hello ,

I'm following on this post to ask you if your issue has been resolved or if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Ivan.

• 4. Re: NUC6i3SYH Slow Wireless
                uncle.tim

I just installed BIOS 0060, Bluetooth 19.50.1, Wireless 19.50.1 and all other new drivers and most I can get is 10Mbps download, Upload is 40Mbps.

using the laptop I am writing this message on I get 40Mbps easily. it is using AC 8265 Adapter, NUC uses AC 8260.

both are connected to the same 5ghz  wireless network.

I ran Wifiinfoview on both the NUC and laptop and the NUC sees only 5 wireless networks, the laptop sees about 15.

5Ghz network is channel 163 and no other 5Ghz routers within range.

EDIT: I just connected to the 2.4Ghz network and getting 40MBps download, so for some reason the 5Ghz band on the NUC has trouble.  Wifiinfoview says 60 signal quality for 5Ghz network.

• 5. Re: NUC6i3SYH Slow Wireless
                  Intel Corporation

I’m sorry that this issue still persists with your Intel® NUC, in this case, make sure the channel your access point or wireless router is using is not overlapping or is in use by another nearby access point.

• Software tools such as MetaGeek inSSIDer* help you select the best channel for your access point or wireless router.
                  • If using 2.4 GHz band, use only channels 1, 6, or 11.
                  • If using the 5 GHz band, use channels 36, 40, 44, or 48.

Note: We recommend using channel bonding in the 5 GHz band due to the limited number of non-overlapping channels available in the 2.4 GHz band.

I hope this can help.

Regards,

Ivan