Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

I have unistalled my wifi adaptor - Dual Band 7265 AC due to problems. it does not reinstall on restart.

PGrim
Beginner

I uninstalled my WiFi Adaptor (Intel dual band 7265 AC) due to connection problems and anticipated it would automatically reinstall on start up.

Not shown in Devices Manager Network Adapters on normal view or under the view option "show hidden devices". No WiFi option shown under Network / Internet in Control Panel.

Have tried running Intel PROSet/Wireless Software v19.50.1- Repair option - no success, and reboot etc.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AlHill
Super User

This is a laptop, correct? If so, is there a switch to turn on/off the wireless adapter? If so, check if it is in the ON position or state.

Just a wild guess.

Doc

0 Kudos
PGrim
Beginner

Yes it is a laptop...Thinkpad X1 Carbon.

There is no wireless on / off switch.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

And there is no soft switch using the function keys, or touch sensitive switch?

Doc

0 Kudos
PGrim
Beginner

There is a soft key but this is simply to put in / out of wireless mode .....not dissimilar to on off.

However problem is no adapter appears to exist when checking under device manger including view of hidden devices.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Ok, thanks for the info. It was just a wild guess. I have seen that condition on one other laptop, and thought it might help.

Doc

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello grimesy2025,

Please check the following items and provide some additional details about the issue:

- Let us know the exact steps you used to uninstall the Wireless adapter. For example, steps you performed in Device Manager, Programs and Features, BIOS, hardware removal, etc.

- If the adapter is working correctly and the drivers and software are uninstalled but not deleted, you should see it upon reboot again in Device Manager - Network Adapters, or at least as an Unknown device. Re-installing the driver should make it work again.

- As Doc suggested, make sure that the adapter is enabled using the key switch. Also, check the BIOS to make sure the wireless adapter is enabled.

- Try disconnecting any wired adapters (Ethernet cables) and reboot the computer, some systems will disable Wi-Fi if a wired connection is detected.

For any additional assistance, let us know the following:

- What type of problems were you experiencing before this happened?

- Was this adapter built from factory with your PC?

- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility Download Intel® System Support Utility, run the tool in Windows*, and use it to create a report with all sections, once the report is created, click on the "Next" button. In the following screen, save the report to a file. Then use the Advanced editor options to add the resulting XML file to your post as an attachment.

Regards,

Jonathan B.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello grimesy2025,

We haven't received any reply to our last message. Please let us know in case you require further assistance.

Regards,

Jonathan B.
0 Kudos