2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 10, 2017 5:48 PM by Intel Corporation

Why do my 6i5SYH systems keep breaking?

Shadowrt

I have 3 6i5SYH systems, within the first 60 days two of them died.  I got replacements about 3 months later.  Now, about 6 months later one of those two have died with the same TSC kernel panic issue.

Are these systems just junk?  I have a shuttle that has been running for four years now without a hitch.  I'm just tired of having to be without a system and go through the hassle of shipping these pieces of crap off.

Seems like there should be a lemon law on these things. 

• 1. Re: Why do my 6i5SYH systems keep breaking?
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello :

Thank you very much for joining the Intel® NUC communities.

First of all, we apologize for any type of inconvenience that you might have experienced using the Intel® NUCs, we are sorry to hear that they are not working properly.

It is difficult to tell exactly the reason why they keep having this problem, there are no reports about the NUCs crashing or known issues related to TSC kernel panic.

There might be some troubleshoot steps that we can try in order to try to fix it without having to replace it.

When you said “they died with the same TSC kernel panic”, you mean they are not even turning on?

Have you tried a BIOS recovery on them?

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/000005532.html

I was searching for more details about this subject, according to some information I found the problem could be related to hardware or software, so, could you please elaborate on the issue they have in order to try more steps to resolve it?

Any further questions, please let me know.

Regards,
          Alberto

• 2. Re: Why do my 6i5SYH systems keep breaking?
            Intel Corporation
            This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,
            Alberto