1 2 3 Previous Next 34 Replies Latest reply on May 29, 2017 2:46 PM by Links

Erorr Stornvme , event 11

Links

Hello.

I have a new PC.

In the system there are 1 NVMe SSD and 1 SATA HDD.

Whenever you start Windows 10, the following error appears in the log:

The driver detected the error of the controller \ Device \ RaidPort0.

No RAID configurations are used. Installed all the drivers and updates (except for KB4015438, which does not want to be installed), the BIOS of the motherboard is updated. Cleanly installed OS.

- <Event xmlns = "http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
      - <System>

<Provider Name = "stornvme" />

<EventID Qualifiers = "49156"> 11 </ EventID>

<Level> 2 </ Level>

<Task> 0 </ Task>

<Keywords> 0x80000000000000 </ Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime = "2017-03-30T09: 32: 49.425847000Z" />

<EventRecordID> 5926 </ EventRecordID>

<Channel> System </ Channel>

<Computer> User-pc </ Computer>

<Security />

</ System>
      - <EventData>

<Data> \ Device \ RaidPort0 </ Data>

<Binary> 0F00240001000000000000000B0004C0010000000000000000000000000000000000000001000000200004000B0004C0010000000000000000000000000000000000000000000100 </ Binary>

</ EventData>

</ Event>

In advance thanks for the answer

P.S Do I need to have IRST app, or I can just update the driver of my SATA controller via device manager??

• 1. Re: Erorr Stornvme , event 11
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello :

Thank you very much for joining the Intel® general discussion communities.

In order to better assist you, we just need to confirm the system configuration that you are using, could you please provide the model of the motherboard and processor? And if this is a laptop, please provide the model of it.

In regard to your question, yes, you can always try to update the the driver of your SATA controller via device manager, to have the latest version of the driver is something that you can try in order to try to fix this problem.

Any further questions, please let me know.

Regards

Alberto

• 2. Re: Erorr Stornvme , event 11
            Links

Hello,

This is my hardware:

I7 7700k

Asus IX Formula

Corsair Vengeance XLP 3600mhz

NVMe SSD Corsair MP500

SATA HDD Hitachi ultrastar 7k6000

The driver update fine with device manager, I'm just not sure, do I need to install the IRST application if I don't use raid configarated drives?

Could the error be caused by some windows disabled?

• 3. Re: Erorr Stornvme , event 11
              Intel Corporation

Hello :

Thank you very much for providing those details, we really appreciate that.

To answer your question, if you are not using a RAID configuration on your system, there is no need to install IRST.

And yes, it seems to be the error is related to Windows. I found a site from Microsoft that provides steps in order to try to fix error ID11, even though the exact error you are seeing is not listed there, those might be useful steps to try, please get in contact with Microsoft directly if you need further assistance regarding those steps:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/154690/how-to-troubleshoot-event-id-9,-event-id-11,-and-event-id-15-error-messages

Microsoft's support site: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us

Microsoft's phone number:1 800-642-7676

Another option will be to do a BIOS update to the latest version of the board:

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/ROG-MAXIMUS-IX-FORMULA/HelpDesk_Download/

Also, I can see that the memory RAM supports supports up to 3600mhz, but actually the processor supports DDR4-2133/2400, DDR3L-1333/1600 @ 1.35V, so please make sure that the memory RAM is running at any of the speeds above:

http://ark.intel.com/products/97129/Intel-Core-i7-7700K-Processor-8M-Cache-up-to-4_50-GHz

Please let me know the results of trying the suggestions above.

NOTE: These links are being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards

Alberto

• 4. Re: Erorr Stornvme , event 11
                Links

Thank you for the answer.

Microsoft firts sent me to Asus tech.support, then to Intel's.

I'll read the microsoft article you provided and try something from there.

My BIOS is up to date.

• 5. Re: Erorr Stornvme , event 11
                  Intel Corporation

Hello :

You are welcome.

Thank you very much for providing that information.

I also looked for more suggestions, and most of the sites describe this problem as an error related to a server board, even though the board you have is not a server board, just in case here you can see the sites:

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/servers/f/906/t/19506507

https://www.experts-exchange.com/questions/28421463/The-driver-detected-a-controller-error-on-Device-RaidPort0.html

LSI_SCSI: The driver detected a controller error o... - Hewlett Packard Enterprise Community

Solved: "The driver detected a controller error on \Device... - VOX

Please let us know the results of trying those steps.

NOTE: These links are being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there.

Regards,

Alberto

• 6. Re: Erorr Stornvme , event 11
                    Links

I have found some other error messages in Device manage - Intel(r) section of the event viewer.

Maybe they are related with previous error?

There was a problem with starting the PCI device \ VEN_8086 & DEV_A282 & SUBSYS_872F1043 & REV_00 \ 3 & 11583659 & 0 & B8.

Driver Name: mshdc.inf    - this name is different sometimes: oem18.inf/oem14.inf/mshdc.inf/
                    GUID class: {4d36e96a-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
                    Service: storahci
                    Bottom filters:
                    Upper filters:
                    Problem: 0x15
                    Problem status: 0x0

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

- <System>

<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP" Guid="{9C205A39-1250-487D-ABD7-E831C6290539}" />

<EventID>411</EventID>

<Version>0</Version>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>0</Task>

<Opcode>0</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x4000000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2017-03-20T12:11:29.164430000Z" />

<EventRecordID>315</EventRecordID>

<Correlation />

<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="180" />

<Channel>Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration</Channel>

<Computer>User-pc</Computer>

<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />

</System>

- <EventData>

<Data Name="DeviceInstanceId">PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A282&SUBSYS_872F1043&REV_00\3&11583659&0&B8</Data>

<Data Name="DriverName">mshdc.inf</Data>

<Data Name="ClassGuid">{4D36E96A-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}</Data>

<Data Name="ServiceName">storahci</Data>

<Data Name="LowerFilters" />

<Data Name="UpperFilters" />

<Data Name="Problem">0x15</Data>

<Data Name="Status">0x0</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

That PCI device seems to be

Intel(R) 200 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller

• 7. Re: Erorr Stornvme , event 11
                      Intel Corporation

Hello :

Thank you very much for sharing those details.

We will do further research on this subject, as soon as I get any updates I will provide all the information on this thread.

Regards,
                      Alberto

• 8. Re: Erorr Stornvme , event 11
                        Intel Corporation

Hello :

I just wanted to let you know that I just received some updates in regard to the research we are doing on this subject.

For testing purposes, could you please test the PC using just the SSD/Hard drive where the OS is installed? The error seems to be related to an installation problem or motherboard issue, so this is to rule out any possible conflict between the components on the platform being used.

We also wanted to confirm if the drivers were installed following the order below:

Chipset
                        Management Engine (If available)
                        Graphics
                        Audio
                        LAN /Wireless
                        USB

And even though you are not using a RAID configuration, in order to try to fix this problem we can also install the Intel® RST tool:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26361/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-RAID-Driver?product=55005

Please let me know the results of trying the steps above.

Regards,
                        Alberto

• 9. Re: Erorr Stornvme , event 11
                          Links

I have disconnected all sata devices from the motherboard. The error still appears on windows start up.

The order of driver installation was different from what you have sayd.

After installing win 10, all drivers were installed automaticaly, except MEI.

For sure, I can say that the intel's driver for

Intel(R) 200 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller was the last to be installed.

This happened, because there was no unknown devices in the device manager and I accidentaly found out, that this device works with some generic driver and not the intel's one.

The name of device was different to, until I installed the driver myself.

While the device workes with MS's driver the error was with "1" at the end: \ Device \ RaidPort1.

And after I updated the driver with the one, that Intel is providing, error message changed to \ Device \ RaidPort0.

Right now I have a device, that is called "standart controller for NMV express" It works with microsoft's driver.

Could this be similar to Intel(R) 200 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller situation?

The RST tool didn't help.

• 10. Re: Erorr Stornvme , event 11
                            Intel Corporation

, you are welcome.

Thank you very much for providing those results.
                            In order to provide the most accurate response to your inquiry, we will do further research on this matter and as soon as I get any updates I will post all the details on this thread.

Regards,
                            Alberto

• 11. Re: Erorr Stornvme , event 11
                              Intel Corporation

, I just received some updates on the research we did on this subject. According to that information the problem is actually related to the motherboard and not the processor. However, remember that the proper drivers for your PC are provided by the manufacturer of the board, to install those drivers is what we recommend on this scenario, if it is possible following the order provided previously:
                              https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/ROG-MAXIMUS-IX-FORMULA/HelpDesk_Download/

If the problem persists after that, then the best thing to do will be to get in contact with ASUS directly:
                              ASUS’s phone number; 1-877-339-2787
                              ASUS’s support site: https://www.asus.com/us/support/

Additionally, just to let you know, we can always replace the processor for you, it has 3 years of warranty with Intel and if you are interested we can always do that for you, but since the problem seems to be related to the board, once you get the new unit the problem might be the same:
                              Chat support:
                              http://intelsupportchat.force.com/icslivechat/ics_tech_processor_ww_english_Chat, for phone support, depending on your location, you will see the contact information on the links below:
                              EMEA contact information: http://intel.ly/28QeAF3
                              APAC contact information: http://intel.ly/1ITfjUF
                              LAR contact information: http://intel.ly/29c0rW4
                              North America: Phone Number  1-916-377-7000, Monday - Friday 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM (Pacific Time).

Regards,
                              Alberto

• 12. Re: Erorr Stornvme , event 11
                                Links

I will try to seek help from Asus.

About CPU replacement.

My CPU has, what is called "heat spikes", that are discussed in this topic Thermal sensor issue i7-7700k?

I don't think that all 7700k have this. Can you replace my CPU due to this issue??

Maybe you know, will there be any solution, that will fix those spikes without cpu replacement?

If there will be no solution, then i would be very happy, if my cpu gets replaced with the one, that was tested and doesn't spike.

Can you give me some advice?

P.S I live in Estonia if this is important.

• 13. Re: Erorr Stornvme , event 11
                                  Intel Corporation

, You are welcome. Yes, at this point the best option will be to get in contact with ASUS directly for further assistance.

In regard to the temperature spiking on the processor, we are still currently working on this subject and there is an ongoing investigation about this matter. As soon as Intel provides a resolution on this case you will be able to see all the details on the threat you posted above. We can always replace the processor for you, to do that please get in contact with Intel directly by using any of the links provided previously. There is no solution available yet, let me apologize for that, and just to let you know there might be a chance that once you get the new unit it will show the same behavior. As an advice I will suggest to wait for the resolution of the investigation before trying the replacement, but if you are interested in that option, that is no problem we can always do that for you. 

Regards,
                                  Alberto

• 14. Re: Erorr Stornvme , event 11
                                    Links

Of course I will wait for the investigation to end.

I don't really want to start the replacement procedure, because of the time it will take.

It would be much better if Intel provides a solution.

But if no solution to be found I'll try to get my replacement.

Hope you will help me to address it right.

Thank you for the help.

1 2 3 Previous Next