Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14395 Discussions

More bandwidth on MiniPCIe 2.0/3.0 x1 slot with Xeon E3 processor possible?

JAlva14
Beginner

Hello all. I have a board with B75 chipset and Core i7 3770 processor currently installed on it. On this rig I have 6 PCIe x1 network cards, a PCIe x8 10Gbps dual network card, and a MiniPCIe slot x1 2.0/3.0. to which a riser card with accesory card is installed. I can set this system on Linux 64-bit to negotiate MiniPCIe target speed of 8GT/s, but keeps a t 2.5GT/s with this setup. I suspect it is due a shortage of PCIe lanes but cannot afford to remove any installed card. If I installed a Xeon E3, which has more PCIe lanes would the MiniPCie slot receive a bandwitdth boost?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello jcalvar,

Thank you for contacting the Intel community.

The Intel® B75 Express Chipset supports up to 8 lanes, but the # of PCI Express Lanes is the total number supported by the processor, but this depends as well on how you motherboard was built, depends on the motherboard if this can be supported or not, what is you exact motherboard model, perhaps I can find some information at the motherboard manufacturer website?

Regards,

Ivan.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello ,

I'm following on this post to ask you if your issue has been resolved or if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Ivan.
0 Kudos