Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14539 Discussions

will an E7600 cpu work ok with an Asus P5w DH deluxe motherboard

idata
Employee

At the moment my system is an E6600 cpu installed on an ASUS P5W DH Deluxe motherboard with latest bios 3001.I have just obtained an E7600 cpu that I intended to use as an upgrade but am now unsure if it will work ok. I know that I should have made more in-depth studies before I purchased it but I didnt. It is only now that I am reading various articles - some of them contradictory - that it seems I may have a lot of conflicts if I install it. Some of the things indicated are

1. The VT wont work

2.The EIST will be disabled

3. The C1E will be disabled

4.The .5 CPU multiplier will not be supported

5.The L2 Cache size will not be recognised

etc etc

I wonder if you could tell me if this is right and what this means.? Also is there any drivers or firmware etc that I could install to correct it. As I said I already have the very latest Bios installed but I am not sure if it tackles any of the problems indicated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

The Asus site say's 1, 4, 5 are correct.

VT is for running theings like Windows Virtual PC

.5 Multiplier, since your cpu is 11.5, I assume it will run at 11, aka E7500

L2 cache size, I can't see this being a problem, you know what it is when you bought.

I think since the 975 chipset is very old there no way they can work around these issues, Asus are good at supporting things but this is a chipset limitation.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

The Asus site say's 1, 4, 5 are correct.

VT is for running theings like Windows Virtual PC

.5 Multiplier, since your cpu is 11.5, I assume it will run at 11, aka E7500

L2 cache size, I can't see this being a problem, you know what it is when you bought.

I think since the 975 chipset is very old there no way they can work around these issues, Asus are good at supporting things but this is a chipset limitation.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for your help and explanation on this matter