6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 13, 2017 2:13 PM by Intel Corporation

Cannot get the pose, landmarks and expressions for more than one face using the JAVA API

Andre.Pereira

I am not able to process face poses, landmarks, expressions when using the JAVA API. In C# I am able to get these from multiple users but when using the Java library I can't. I am using the libpxcclr.jni64.dll and libpxcclr.java.jar files provided in the 2016 R3 SDK. Can someone help me with this?

Also, I don't have the option of using the IR mode in faceConfig.SetTrackingMode as the PXCMFaceConfiguration.TrackingModeType does not contain that enumeration.

I have to use Java in my project and this is the only missing piece for what I need to implement. I would really appreciate some help in solving this problem.

Thank you!

Andre Pereira

Below follows the code of how I initialize the sense manager:

PXCMSenseManager senseMgr = PXCMSenseManager.

pxcmStatus sts = senseMgr.EnableFace(null);

PXCMFaceModule faceModule = senseMgr.QueryFace();       

sts = senseMgr.EnableStream(PXCMCapture.StreamType.STREAM_TYPE_COLOR, cWidth,

// Retrieve the input requirements

sts = pxcmStatus.PXCM_STATUS_DATA_UNAVAILABLE;

PXCMFaceConfiguration faceConfig = faceModule.CreateActiveConfiguration();

faceConfig.SetTrackingMode(PXCMFaceConfiguration.TrackingModeType.FACE_MODE_COLOR);

faceConfig.strategy = PXCMFaceConfiguration.TrackingStrategyType.STRATEGY_CLOSEST_TO_FARTHEST;

faceConfig.landmarks.maxTrackedFaces = 2;

faceConfig.pose.maxTrackedFaces = 2;

faceConfig.detection.maxTrackedFaces = 2;

PXCMFaceConfiguration.ExpressionsConfiguration econfiguration = faceConfig.QueryExpressions();

econfiguration.properties.maxTrackedFaces = 2;

econfiguration.EnableAllExpressions();

faceConfig.detection.isEnabled = true;

faceConfig.pose.isEnabled = true;

faceConfig.landmarks.isEnabled = true;

econfiguration.Enable();

faceConfig.ApplyChanges();

faceConfig.Update();

sts = senseMgr.Init();