4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 25, 2017 2:43 PM by Intel Corporation

BIOS Support for PCIe

scalaiyer

Hello,

We are working with the Intel Joule and would like to use the PCIe interface on the SoM. Based on what I can understand from this forum post switching the data pin behavior from USB 3 to PCIe is not something that can be done out of the box. I also understand that there is not plan to provide a BIOS that will provide the requested option. Furthermore, based on this post I understand that the BIOS is not open source. Yet ben_blier did manage to generate a new BIOS image. He mentioned having to get access the Validation Internet Portal to get the appropriate toolchain in order to generate the appropriate BIOS.

Can you please tell me the process our company will have to go through in order to be able to get access to the appropriate toolchain to make the BIOS changes needed to enable PCIe ?

Thanks

Kartik Aiyer

• 1. Re: BIOS Support for PCIe
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hi Kartik Aiyer,

Thanks for reaching out.

Yes, you are right, all the information provided is correct, the PCIe BIOS and the tool are not currently available and there is no committed time frame for when they will be accessible.

About your question, to be honest I'm not sure the process that user went through to have access to it, but you can submit a ticket to get more information about it: https://supporttickets.intel.com/?lang=en-US

Have a nice day.

Best Regards,
          Leonardo R.

• 2. Re: BIOS Support for PCIe
            scalaiyer

I have just been granted a privileged account access and the sales rep who helped through the process told me to post my request for access to the BIOS generation tools on this forum. I was wondering if you could provide me with information on getting access to the necessary materials given that my account status has been approved.

Specifically I would like to get the tool to generate a BIOS build that will enable PCIe on the Joule.

Thanks

Kartik

• 3. Re: BIOS Support for PCIe
              Intel Corporation

Hi Kartik,

We are investigating about this, we will contact you soon in the thread that you have opened: https://communities.intel.com/thread/113513

Have a nice day.

Regards,
              Leonardo R.

• 4. Re: BIOS Support for PCIe
                Intel Corporation

Hi Kartik,

I just want to let you know that the previous user used a sticking tool and created their custom BIOS with PCIe support which we do not support. We are currently in the validation process of releasing a BIOS with PCIe support. We hope to have it available soon.

We appreciate your patience.

Regards,
                Leonardo R.