9 Replies Latest reply on Jul 18, 2017 1:39 AM by GunnarCziszler

Inaccessible boot device Windows 10 on NUC6i3SYH

NUC_User_2017

Hello everyone,

I come here requesting for help because I've tried everything i've thought of to install Windows 10 (anniversary update) on my NUC6i3SYH.

Here's my setup:

Seagate mobile HDD 1TO 7MM ST1000LM035

G.Skill RAM DD4-2400 PC4-19200 8192MB

SSD INTEL 535 Series SM2280S3G2/120Gb

NUC6i3SYH

Here's the symptom:

I get a bluescreen (inaccessible boot device) right after the first reboot of the installation.

No secure boot and no fast boot are activated in BIOS

I am using official ISO downloaded from Microsoft site (you can get ISO if you have a serial number)

Note that this is probably not a hardware problem since I can install Windows 7 without any problem (afer adding USB3 drivers to ISO)

I can also install an "old" version of Windows 10 (from 2015) until I install the anniversary update, then the same problem of bluescreen (inaccessible boot device) occurs

Here's everything I've tried so far

- Updating BIOS to last version (0057)

- Resetting BIOS to default values

- Installing with UEFI only (no legacy) and HDD deactivated (only SSD seen during Win installation)

- Installing with legacy BIOS and HDD deactivated (only SSD seen during Win installation)

- Using repair mode with USB bootable ISO of Win 10

- I used official Microsoft USB bootable key creation => same problem

- I used rufus with UEFI or MBR => same problem

- I used rufus with GPT => same problem

- I tried booting with UEFI USB instead of USB

- I tried manually creating partition during win 10 installation and I saw they were created

- I used GPARTED live to delete partitions

So far, I've had no luck. I ran the NUC on Windows 7 but I'd prefer having the lastest version of Windows.

If anyone could help me, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.