Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14404 Discussions

Intel Extreme Tuning Utility, i7 3770k and Z77X UP7 - no manual OC!

MThom15
Beginner

Hello everyone,

I have some troubles in OCing my CPU with the Intel XTU. When I install the program and start it these options show up:

There is no actual "manual overclocking" menu and as you can see I'm also not able to set vCore or DVID/Offset. There are just these few options but i've already seen people with more settings like RAM-Timings, vCore and so on.

Why do I not have them? I installed everything correctly and its the newest version of XTU.

Im using a:

i7 3770k

GIGABYTE Z77X UP7 @ F5 Bios

Corsair Vengenace 16GB 1600MHz CL10

Corsair H100i

EVGA GTX 1070 FTW

BeQuiet Dark Power Pro 11 650w

Running on Win10 64bit

Its running on stock-settings. RAM isnt set to XMP-Profile.

Why do I only have a few option to choose from?

How can I fix it?

I've already tried to use different BIOS. I used the F5 and the Modbios F7a. No difference.

Thanks for help.

Moritz

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hello d1.64,

Thank you for contacting the Intel community.

Please bear in mind that the Intel® XTU reads what you have in your BIOS so the Intel Extreme Tuning Utility displays various controls and provides access to features based on the system's motherboard and processor configurations. Not all processors provide real-time support for all controls. Motherboard manufacturers can restrict access to various controls that prevent the user from overclocking those settings.

Regards,

Ivan.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello d1.64,

Thank you for contacting the Intel community.

Please bear in mind that the Intel® XTU reads what you have in your BIOS so the Intel Extreme Tuning Utility displays various controls and provides access to features based on the system's motherboard and processor configurations. Not all processors provide real-time support for all controls. Motherboard manufacturers can restrict access to various controls that prevent the user from overclocking those settings.

Regards,

Ivan.

0 Kudos
MThom15
Beginner

Hello Ivan,

thank you for your quick response.

The Z77X UP7 is one of the best motherboards which have had been available until Ivybridge became the End-of-life status. Its mostly the best OCing motherboard in the Z77 area. I dont know (and dont think) that any voltage settings are locked or deactivated...

Is there a way to achieve a fully working Intel XTU? I've seen people like der8auer who created a thread on computerbase.de and showed Intel XTU (fully wokring) to the community.

Should i try an older version?

Moritz

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

For now the only version available is the version 6.2.0.24, but as I mentioned above the Intel® XTU reads your BIOS configuration, if you are interested in overclocking I suggest you to get help how to do it from your motherboard BIOS, you can either contact your motherboard manufacturer or you can post your inquiry here:

http://www.overclock.net/ http://www.overclock.net/

Regards,

Ivan.

0 Kudos