Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

HD4600 flashing on secondary monitor on extended monitor setup (HP EliteDesk 800)

FFlan
Beginner

This is an intermittent problem (I'll go a week or month with no problems) but this morning it's reared it's ugly head and on my extended desktop my secondary monitor is flashing (not flickering) on/off and is hence rendered unusable.

I've attached comprehensive screenshots of my setup and drivers which I hope helps

What is the advised course of action on this? I have always had Intel HD Graphics Control Panel installed and I believe I've got the latest version of the control panel as I reinstalled my Win10 installation last week.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello GusGF,

I understand that sometimes your secondary monitor flashes.

Let me apologize for any inconvenience this issue may be causing to you.

I would like you to try reinstalling the graphics driver just to make sure the issue is not a .dll file that may have gotten corrupted. On the keyboard press WinLogo key + r, then type in devmgmt.msc, double click on Display Adapters>>Intel HD Graphics>>Driver tab>>Uninstall>>Select the check box Delete the driver software for this device>>OK, restart the computer, and then reinstall the driver HP* provides on this link http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=5387476&swItemId=vc_181829_1&swEnvOid=4192 http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=5387476&swItemId=vc_181829_1&swEnvOid=4192

If issue persists please attach the Graphics Driver Report to this thread. Please generate the file when both monitors are connected to the computer. This link will show you how to generate it http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005848.html http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005848.html

To attach a file, you must click "Use Advanced Editor" on the upper right hand corner of the response box, then the "attach" option will appear on the bottom right hand corner of the response box.

Let me also know the type of video cable you are using to connect the secondary display to your computer.

Regards,

Fred
0 Kudos
FFlan
Beginner

Hi Fred,

Thank you for getting back to me. After I posted my message I tried a reboot and that seems to have resolved the issue but I will update the driver as per your instructions and if it happens again I will follow your instructions.

Thanks again

0 Kudos
FFlan
Beginner

One thing I find very odd.

Followed your instructions regarding installing the driver (20.19.15.4568 Rev.A(9 Feb 2017)) BUT when I go back into device manager it's reporting a driver date of 16/12/2016 which if I'm not mistaken was the date attributed to the driver I just deleted. Why hasn't the driver date within the updated driver been updated to match Rev.A ???

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello GusGF,

I am sorry to hear you are still having problems with your computer.

The driver date should not be a problem. As long as Device Manager shows driver version 20.19.15.4568 there should not be any problem with the driver date. The problem is just how the operating system is detecting the driver date.

Let me know if you have or not any other inquiry.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello GusGF,

I was wondering if you have or not any other inquiry. If you have any other question just let me know.

Regards,

Fred
0 Kudos
FFlan
Beginner

So far there have been no further problems but best to give it another few weeks before closing this thread as I haven't been using this computer a lot in the last week or two.

Thanks

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello GusGF,

I will leave this thread open for a few more days so you can test the system a little bit more. Please update this thread at your convenience.

Regards,

Fred
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello GusGF,

Have you had the chance to test the system a little bit more? Is the computer working fine now?

Regards,

Fred
0 Kudos
FFlan
Beginner

Not yet I'm afraid at least not on a daily basis. But no problems as of yet

0 Kudos