Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Intel Graphics Update utility don let me update drivers because of me using nvidia.

Kk8
Beginner

Hi, topic says the most.

But it is some optimus brilliance that is supposed to use both. Is it for the first time in computer history not necessary to update the driver?

Im using intel update tool so im just wondering why it is refusing. Do i need intel graphic drivers updated or no?

Geforce is not answering on anything I dont know what the hell they are up to. But id like to get my computer working as it should

Im on asus 303ub, nvidia 940m and dualcore i7 6600U. 2,5ghzx Skylake

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello savemefromitall,

I understand you would like to know why our Intel Graphics Update Utility is not letting you install latest graphics driver in your computer.

Let me apologize for any inconvenience this issue may be causing to you.

We supply generic versions of graphics drivers for general purposes. Computer manufacturers can change the features, incorporate customizations, or make other changes to the graphics driver software or software packaging. To avoid potential installation incompatibilities, we recommend that you first check with your computer manufacturer and use the driver software they provide.

Since your computer comes with two video cards there is a special graphics driver that needs to be install that will make both video cards work fine with each other. This driver is the one ASUS* has available on their website.

If your computer is currently working fine there is no need to update any driver. If you are having graphics issues in your computer let me know more information about the problem you are currently having.

Regards,

Fred
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello savemefromitall,

I was wondering if you have or not any other inquiry. If you have any other inquiry just let me know.

Regards,

Fred
0 Kudos