1 2 Previous Next 25 Replies Latest reply on Apr 24, 2017 2:32 PM by Intel Corporation

intel e94315-001

AJ_Scratch

Hi,

I hope this is the correct area to ask this question otherwise please let me know which section I need to go to.

My PC from time-to-time is complaining about the E94315-001 cooling fan please see attachment.

I have had this PC now about for 4-years and 4-months and invariably lately it's complaining about the fan.

When I open up the case indeed as in today when the PC was booted up was HOT.

Is there a periodicity in which the fan needs to be replaced?

The fan looks fine to me but it is infuriating that I cannot find a place to answer me this.

Hoping this Intel forum will help and if there's a diagnostic tool please let me know what it is!!!!!!

Thank you in advance!

• 1. Re: intel e94315-001
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello :

Thank you very much for joining the Intel® general discussion communities.

In regard to your inquiry, there is no specific time frame of when it is require to replace the fan, and the reason for that is because it will depend on the usage that the PC had and the tasks that it was doing. Every scenario is different, so if the PC starts showing warnings or error messages regarding the fan, that is the best signal for you to confirm it is time to replace it.

Now, there is no Intel diagnostic tool to test the fan to find out if it is working properly, let me apologize for that, however we do have a tool that does an overall test on the processor including a temperature test, so if the processor passed the test it means it should be working fine:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19792/Intel-Processor-Diagnostic-Tool

Also, as an option you can try to re-apply the thermal grease on the processor, sometimes that helps if the processor is getting overheated.

Hope this information was useful for you.

Any further questions, please let me know.

Regards

Alberto

• 2. Re: intel e94315-001
            AJ_Scratch

Hi Alberto,

thank for the very prompt response. What is baffling me is how when I look at the fan it seems to be solid as a rock yet why it seems to be malfunctioning is a complete mystery to me. BTW that diagnostic tool seems to be incompatible with my Windows 10 even though it appears it installed the 64-bit etc it did not work.

I wish you can explain to me how a solid fan like the one I seem to have is malfunctioning. That's what I was hoping the diagnostic tool was going to tell me.

• 3. Re: intel e94315-001
              AJ_Scratch

Hi Alberto,

can you explain how I can do this?

"Also, as an option you can try to re-apply the thermal grease on the processor, sometimes that helps if the processor is getting overheated."

In addition if I must buy this fan are there other models that will suit my needs or must I buy this specific one? Please let me know since this problem now is becoming a daily ritual and I am left with no choice but to buy a replacement.

Please respond soon. Thank you.

• 4. Re: intel e94315-001
                Intel Corporation

Hello :

Sure, in regard to your inquiry, the fan like any other hardware product, could get defective at any time, and the thing is that it is really difficult to determine the source of the problem, could be related to dust or in this case since the PC was working for over 4 years, just because of that amount of usage could get defective.

The Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool is fully compatible with Windows®10, it is really strange that is not working, and the results will be related to how the processor is working, if it is overheating or not, it will not provide any information about how the fan is working.

To answer your question, the step to re-apply the thermal grease on the processor will be available if you have the option to purchase a new one, you can get it at any PC repair store close to you, there are many different brands that will work with the processor, like Arctic Silver or Ceramique.

Now, there are different fans that will be compatible with your processor, but in order to find that out we will need the model of it mainly to check the wattage on it, since a fan needs to cover that wattage, as long as it has the same socket, you will be able to use it in there.

Please provide the model of the processor? This is for me to look for part numbers of fans that will work with it

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards

Alberto

• 5. Re: intel e94315-001
                  AJ_Scratch

Hi Alberto,

apologies fot late response. I have taken my PC out of commission to mitigate risk. If I send you a photo of my CPU will you be able to tell what will be compatible?

i am expecting shipment of the Arctic Silver 5. So hopefully that will get my PC going. How frequently should thermal paste be applied?

• 6. Re: intel e94315-001
                    Intel Corporation

Hello :

There is no need to apologize, we are here to assist you.

Sure, of course, once I can see the model of the processor, I will be able to check the specifications of it and confirm which fan will work with it.

In regard to your inquiry, there is no an specific time frame of when the thermal paste needs to be apply, but just like with the fan, when you notice that there might be overheating issues with the PC, to apply thermal grease is one of the things we recommend to do in order to try to fix this problem.

Regards

Alberto

• 7. Re: intel e94315-001
                      AJ_Scratch

Hi Alberto

Ok managed to get the photo taken expecting the arctic silver 5 next week.  Meanwhile here's the photo for you to advise of other compatible fans.

Thank you so much.

AJ

• 8. Re: intel e94315-001
                        Intel Corporation

, Thank you very much for providing that picture.

Perfect, it is great to hear you are going to get the Artic Silver® thermal paste. The Intel® i7-3930K processor has Thermal Design Power (TDP) of 130 watts, so, a fan that covers that wattage and that has LGA2011 socket should work just fine with it, depending also on the size of the case you are using.

Intel® Core™ i7-3930K Processor (12M Cache, up to 3.80 GHz) Product Specifications

I found some part numbers for fans that are compatible with that processor:

E94315
                        RTS2011AC

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/processors/000006519.html

BXTS13A
                        H17543-001

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/processors/000006586.html

And this is the liquid cooling solution, many customers have had a good experience using this product:

BXTS13X

http://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/processors/sb/TS13X_liquid_cooling_thermal_solution.pdf

If you are interested in purchasing the fan, please get in contact directly with Intel:

Chat support; http://intelsupportchat.force.com/icslivechat/ics_tech_processor_ww_english_Chat, for phone support, depending on your location, you will see the contact information on the links below:

EMEA contact information: http://intel.ly/28QeAF3

APAC contact information: http://intel.ly/1ITfjUF

LAR contact information: http://intel.ly/29c0rW4

North America: Phone Number  1-916-377-7000, Monday - Friday 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM (Pacific Time).

Regards,
                        Alberto

• 9. Re: intel e94315-001
                          AJ_Scratch

Hi Alberto,

the liquid cooling what kind of life does it have? Is it loud? Looking at the picture looks like will need additional place to plug the black cable?

My suspicion is the gaming brat that lives in my home as to the reason why I am having this problem. Overheats the system.

• 10. Re: intel e94315-001
                            AJ_Scratch

Also the link to install the liquid cooling unit is bad. Can you send me a video link that shows you how to install the cooling fan? Please test it to make sure the link works first. Thank you.

• 11. Re: intel e94315-001
                              Intel Corporation

, you are welcome.

That is really strange, the link works for me without any problems and I always test them before providing them; did you try to use a different browser?

Just in case, here is another link for the video of how to install the cooling solution and the parts needed:
                              http://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/program/support/us/en/videos/Intel-Socket-2011-and-RTS2011LC-CPU-Cooler-Installation-Guide.mp4

In regard to the question about if it is loud, on the following you will see a video of the unit, at the end of it you can hear it working, 4:55, to me is not that loud, but that is a perception matter:
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42lDnVEigWc

Depending on the usage of the PC and the maintenance of it, the unit should work just fine for 3 to 4 years.

NOTE: These links are being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there.

Regards,
                              Alberto

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                              • 12. Re: intel e94315-001
                                AJ_Scratch

Hi Alberto,

OK Arctic Silver 5 arrived sure enough working again but I have the feeling possibility the fan may need to be replaced as well after 4+ years of usage. Odd thing I changed the port that I had the fan plugged in and responded better even though appeared to be the same etc. Nevertheless your assistance in this matter of great relief and thank you so much!

• 13. Re: intel e94315-001
                                  AJ_Scratch

P.S.

The liquid cooling system may not be necessary for my needs after all from what I read and saw in some youtube videos. Too high maintenance for my needs. Again thank you so much!!!!!!!!

• 14. Re: intel e94315-001
                                    Intel Corporation

You are very welcome.

We are glad to hear that the Arctic Silver 5 arrived and the PC is working fine now. And yes, the cooling system was just an option for you to have it available and to let you know that it will work with your processor.

Any other inquiry, do not hesitate in contact us again.

Regards,
                                    Alberto

1 2 Previous Next