As far as our adapter goes, there should be no issues whether you're connecting to your home router, an access point, or a wireless hotspot from your mobile phone.
We understand that you're using our latest generic driver. We always recommend choosing the drivers provided by your OEM (Lenovo*, in your case). Reason being that their version takes into account posible customizations made to the adapter and it's features when it was integrated into your system. However, our generic driver should work well just the same, and neither should place any limit on mobile hotspot connectivity.
- Lenovo Thinkpad* T560 Laptop Downloads (under Networking: Wireless LAN).
In order to better assist you, we would like to have some more information:
- Are you able to successfully connect to this mobile hotspot using any other computers or devices?
- Where you able to connect through your hotspot before?
- Have you made any recent changes to your PC? (new software/applications installed, system updates, configuration changes, etc.).
- Have you tried the Windows* Network Troubleshooter, or forgetting the network and then connecting again?
The following article may also be helpful:
- Fix network connection issues in Windows 10 (Specifically the "Run the Network troubleshooter followed by networking commands" section).
NOTE: Any links provided for third party tools or sites are offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel® of the content, products, or services offered there. We do not offer support for any third party tool mentioned here.
We look forward to hearing back from you.
We haven't heard back from you in a while. Has your issue already been resolved?
Please let us know if you would like any further assistance.