Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14514 Discussions

I need to use AAEON up-board (x5 cherry trail Z8350) with GPIO

mlore1
Beginner

hallo,

I need to use AAEON up-board (x5 cherry trail Z8350) with GPIO capabilities for IOT purposes.

i have an old version of a 32bit dll ( with a small sdk) and so I rewrite a VB.net 2015 class for read and write on GPIO.

Actually I can use some pins as I/O for my pursposes but I don't know exactly as it works. I have a pdf named "atom-z8000-datasheet-vol-2" but there is no good corrispondence between SDK sample and this document. Many and many register-offset and port-numbers used in SDK code (probably) refers to a different register map.

I would ask if it's possible to have detailed documentation about GPIO pin and their related I/O registers, as SPI, I2C, UART PWM etc.

Many thanks to anyone who can help me

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hello marcolorenzi,

Thank you for joining the Processor community.

In this case, the best advice regarding this documentation inquiry should be addressed by your board manufacturer; they should be able to provide this type of pin documents. I would also like to share with you that our Intel® Developer Zone can provide more feedback regarding the read and write on GPIO matter. Finally, for these type of processors the support is provided by the Intel® Embedded Design Center, so in this case if you would like to get clarification regarding the datasheet mentioned, my recommendation is getting in contact with them. You can use their forum support; https://embedded.communities.intel.com/community/en Forum: Embedded Community |Embedded Community.

Regards,

Amy.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

Hello marcolorenzi,

Thank you for joining the Processor community.

In this case, the best advice regarding this documentation inquiry should be addressed by your board manufacturer; they should be able to provide this type of pin documents. I would also like to share with you that our Intel® Developer Zone can provide more feedback regarding the read and write on GPIO matter. Finally, for these type of processors the support is provided by the Intel® Embedded Design Center, so in this case if you would like to get clarification regarding the datasheet mentioned, my recommendation is getting in contact with them. You can use their forum support; https://embedded.communities.intel.com/community/en Forum: Embedded Community |Embedded Community.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos