3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 22, 2017 1:38 PM by Intel Corporation

Intel NUC DN2820FYKH Bios and cmos issues

Seraphim

Hi All,

I'm new here, although I've had my NUC for several years and am extremely happy with it. I'm running LibreELEC and use the NUC as a media centre only.

The other day I thought I would try KODIbuntu, so I created a USB Pen drive with the disk image of KODIbuntu loaded on it.

I couldn't get the NUC to boot from the pen drive, so I went into the BIOS and "messed around" and when I boot up and try and enter the BIOS I get the following message:-

EFI Shell Version 2.13 [5.9]

Current running mode 1.1.2

Map cannot find required map name

Press escape 5 seconds to skip startup.nsh or another key yo continue

Shell>

If I allow the system to boot, without trying to enter the BIOS by pressing the F2 key, it boots right into LibreELEC, which works fine. However, I would like to solve this issue for future use and I admit to fiddling with the boot order and "Fast Start Up" in the BIOS.

I've looked for a cmos battery on the motherboard and there isn't one, as I thought removing it and reinstalling it would reset the cmos. I've looked for jumpers on the motherboard that I could use to reset, but again to no avail. So any help you guys can offer would be very much appreciated.

many thanks in anticipation.

Seraphim

ps. I hope I've posted this in the right forum, apologies in advance if I haven't