Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14395 Discussions

I am a novice dealing with a pc, but I would like to try and upgrade my Single core Intel/celeron 450 processor. Is it difficult? Any upgrade would be a step up but I would like to make it as easy as possibel. Dual core? Any advice would help. TY.

CHart6
Novice

I just upgraded to 45 mbps download speed. I dont notice much difference. My problem I believe is my upload speed of 5.45 Mbps. I get buffering when trying to view a video on the internet. NOT utube just internet videos on Yahoo etc. I have a single core intel/cerleron 450 CPU which I know is a dinosaur. Where do I need to upgrade to fix the buffering? New CPU? Rom? I have 3gigs of ram. 500 hard drive.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Intelligentone:

Thank you very much for joining the Intel® processors communities.

Just to let you know, as you can see on the following link, the processor is retired and discontinued and there is not much information available for it at this moment:

http://ark.intel.com/products/35239/Intel-Celeron-Processor-450-512K-Cache-2_20-GHz-800-MHz-FSB http://ark.intel.com/products/35239/Intel-Celeron-Processor-450-512K-Cache-2_20-GHz-800-MHz-FSB

To answer your question, in order to find out what are the processors that will work with your board, we will need to check directly with the manufacturer of it in order for them to provide the list of compatible products and then you will be able to pick the best processor in there.

If you are planning to upgrade the processor, to upgrade the board and the system in general will be a pretty good option at this point, since the processors that will be compatible with your board might not be the best ones in the market.

Any further questions, please let me know.

Regards

Alberto

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Intelligentone:

I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards

Alberto

0 Kudos