1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 28, 2017 11:32 AM by Intel Corporation

Intel NUC Poor Wifi Performance - Fix

iancun

I've had big problems with the WiFi performance on my Intel NUC for quite some time, so I came up with a modification which I hope helps other users on here.

It'll void your warranty, as you need to drill a couple of holes in your case to get it to work - so it's only worth doing if you really need a fix. I cost just under £20 for parts to complete the mod, but you may be able to do it cheaper if you have a more common mini-PCI wifi card.

Here's the how-to article I wrote: https://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/intel-nuc-poor-wifi-external-antenna-mod.4071908/

This is what it looks like once the antenna sockets are attached:

5.jpg

I hope this helps someone else with the same problem . Let me know if you need any help and I'll do my best to assist.

• 1. Re: Intel NUC Poor Wifi Performance - Fix
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello :

Thank you very much for joining the Intel® NUC communities.

Thank you as well for sharing that information and the link in our communities for the peers viewing this thread to have an alternative in the case they need to improve the performance of the wi-fi on the NUC.

Thank you for being clear also on the fact that if the peers tried the steps provided previously it will avoid the Intel warranty on the NUC, we really appreciate that.

And we also encourage all the peers viewing this thread that if they have information or more suggestions to please post their comments in here in order to have more options to try.

Once again thank you very much.

Regards

Alberto