4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 8, 2017 12:13 AM by Intel Corporation

Power failure - Server System R1304GZ4GC

craigdabbs

Hello there,

I had a lovely working server until today, I wanted to add a internal ssd into the case so I had to get the power supply for it. There is a OSD connector there for power so I found a thread on how to get a cable ffor this connector as there not available to buy now. I followed this guide to make up my cable

https://communities.intel.com/thread/36313

In hind sight I should of got the multimeter out and checked the voltages myself as its obvious something has short circuited.

Upon plugging in a hard drive the server turned off with a bunch of beeps, I have tried to power on the server several times with the same set of beeps. I had the reduntant power supply disconnected at the time and that does not help either.

I am able to access the BMC and gather the sensor reading and shows the following messages

Pwr Unit Status

reports there has been a soft power control failure reports the power unit has suffered a failure

Critical

0x0060

Pwr Unit Redund

reports redundancy has been lost reports redundancy has been lost and there are insufficient resources to maintain normal operation

Critical

0x0022

PS1 Status

reports the power supply's presence has been detected reports the power supply has suffered a failure reports a predictive failure has been detected for the power supply

Critical

0x0007

PS2 Status

reports the power supply's presence has been detected reports the power supply's input (AC/DC) has been lost

Critical

0x0009

Is there a reset procedure I can do or have I fried the motherboard?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Craig Dabbs