3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 26, 2010 4:57 PM by anashashmi

how much power does intel dh55hc consume?

anashashmi

Hi,

I want to build a computer.  My last component is deciding which power supply to use.  I have figured the power requirements of all the other components,  I know the chipset has power rating of less than 5 W.  What I do not know is much power does the motherboard by itself with all of its features in use consume. Should i just assume 50 W?

thanks.       

• 1. Re: how much power does intel dh55hc consume?
          Cpt.Dogfruit

This is what th eTPS says:

CAUTION
          The +5 V standby line from the power supply must be capable of providing adequate
          +5 V standby current. Failure to do so can damage the power supply. The total
          amount of standby current required depends on the wake devices supported and
          manufacturing options.
          Additional power required will depend on configurations chosen by the integrator.
          The power supply must comply with the indicated parameters of the ATX form factor
          specification.
          • The potential relation between 3.3 VDC and +5 VDC power rails
          • The current capability of the +5 VSB line
          • All timing parameters
          • All voltage tolerances
          For example, for a system consisting of a supported 95 W processor (see Section 1.4
          on page 14 for information on supported processors), up to 16 GB DDR3 memory,
          integrated graphics, one hard disk drive, one optical drive, and all board peripherals
          enabled, the minimum recommended power supply is about 340W with current ratings
          as listed in Table 29.
          Table 29. Recommended Power Supply Current Values
          Output Voltage 3.3 V 5 V 12 V1 12 V2 -12 V 5 VSB
          Current 5 A 16 A 10 A 10 A 0.1 A 0.5 A

• 2. Re: how much power does intel dh55hc consume?
            Boyet

Try googling power supply calculator. Here's an example that you can take a look at: http://www.thermaltake.outervision.com/index.jsp

• 3. Re: how much power does intel dh55hc consume?
              anashashmi

@dogfruit, what you posted is general to all motherboards... though that particular excerpt that you ripped out i got from intel mini itx h57 motherboard.

I need something specific to this motherboard.  what is the maximum watt usage this motherboard should consume? or more importantly, what should i assume it to be?