The Intel® Turbo Boost Technology Monitor program was discontinued and removed from Intel® Download Center on June 30, 2014.
You may want to review this article: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/processors/000005641.html
- Intel® Core™ i7-69xx/68xx processor family for socket LGA 2011-v3 (single socket only)
- Intel® Xeon® E5-1600 v4 product family (single socket only)
Please also check the following link:
Frequently Asked Questions about Intel® Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 under "Error Messages"
The guide also shows information about the installation process.
Please let me know how it goes.
Apparently Microsoft just pushed the latest version of TBMT (220.127.116.11)/ITBM (18.104.22.1680). I am now getting the same same error message daily: "ITBM Driver Not Available Exiting Application". I have read through several threads on this forum with many users reporting the same problem.
1) In Device Manager, there is a yellow bang on the Intel Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 Driver.
2) Uninstalling both the TBMT application and also the ITBM driver in Device Manager does not work. Both the application and the driver immediately come back on a restart.
I have done the following:
1) Read this FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions about Intel® Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0
2) Read this manual: https://downloadmirror.intel.com/26103/eng/Intel(R)_TBMT_MR4_ReleaseNotes.pdf
3) Read several forum threads
4) Updated my BIOS to the latest from my manufacturer
5) Enabled Turbo Boost Max in my BIOS
6) Uninstalled application several times and it comes back. I also tried uninstalling in safe mode and that did not help.
7) Tried manually installing the 22.214.171.1249 driver using Device Manager
8) Tried manually reinstalling the 126.96.36.1990 driver using Device Manager
Everything results in the driver reporting that it can't start (for both versions 188.8.131.529 and 184.108.40.2060):
"This device cannot start. (Code 10)
The requested operation was unsuccessful."
This results in the application reporting that it can't find the driver.
There do not appear to be any solutions to this problem. Please give me a solution.
You will ask for me to run SSU, so I have captured the below screenshot. Let me know if you need more and how to get it to you since I can only attach pictures and videos to this post.
Here is the MoBo info:
Thank you for contacting Intel Communities.
I was checking your motherboard's specifications [Asrock Fatal1ty X99M Killer/3.1 > CPU] and it shows that it only supports Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0. Although your motherboard supports the Intel® Core™ i7-6850K Processor, you will need to check with the manufacturer to see if there is a BIOS version that supports the Intel® Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0.
If the motherboard does have a BIOS that supports it, I recommend the following:
- Uninstall all turbo boost applications (if any) from the system (programs and features).
- Do a clean boot.
- Disable all security apps (antivirus, etc)
- Try installing the application.
Thank you for pointing out the motherboard spec, I didn't see that.
Now, as previously mentioned, I have the problem that no matter what I do, I cannot uninstall ITBM/TBMT. I have wasted 3-4 hours trying to uninstall it. TBMT was installed automatically by Windows Update about 5 days ago according to the Windows Update history.
These are the problems I am seeing with uninstallation:
1) When I manually uninstall the yellow-banged ITBM driver from Device Manager, it immediately re-installs the driver. It will not stay uninstalled.
2) When I go into Apps & Features to uninstall the TBMT app, it says "You must restart your computer to apply these changes. Before restarting, save any open files and close all programs." Restarting does nothing to help.
3) If I delete the Intel Corporation folder (which has the TBMT app folder in it) manually under C:\Program Files (x86), the entire folder and all contents comes back every reboot!
4) From Windows update, version 220.127.116.110 is available, from Intel version 18.104.22.1689 is available and from the motherboard manufacturer 22.214.171.1247 is available. When I try to install any of the 3 versions, I am told the same thing, that I must restart to install. Restarting does nothing to help.
5) The four problems above happen in normal boot mode, clean boot mode, and in safe mode
I cannot get the ITBM driver/TBMT app off of my machine no matter what I do.
I have disabled the ITBM service in msconfig, but that does not help the error message go away. There is nothing in the startup tab in msconfig that says TBMT is going to launch at startup, but it does anyway! TBMT is turning out to be quite the malware that you guys have created!
Please give me a solution to uninstalling your app/driver so that I can stop getting the error message every time I reboot my machine!
Thank you for the information.
Can you please take a look at the following article?
How to Prevent Windows from Automatically Updating Specific Drivers - How To Geek
NOTE: This link is being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there.
Please let me know how it goes.