Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20633 Discussions

I am having an issue trying to get my 3rd monitor to display. I have read various forums/replies including this one. Need help

FMcCl
Beginner

I am having an issue trying to get my 3rd monitor to display. I have read various forums/replies including this one. Need help

0 Kudos
3 Replies
FMcCl
Beginner

Hello Intel,

I am trying to run a 3rd monitor display any way possible, whether an external monitor or the laptop monitor, makes no different. Problem is, no matter which setup I use, cannot get but two monitor to display. I need to know how to verify if my Graphics Card and/or Processor board support > 2 displays. I have read multi forums & tried various docking station, (Dell Docking Station USB 2.0 PR02X E-Port Plus Replicator + PA-4E AC Adapter), outputs, e.g., Display Ports & VGA. I am using the DVI-to-Display Port for two monitors, VGA-to-VGA for another. I have also tried the HDMI-to-Display Port for one of the monitors. Nothing works. I have attached the screen-shots from the Intel Control Panel, along with the DxDiag Output.

Thx,

Freddie

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello FreddieNature,

Thank you for contacting Intel Communities.

I found the following article from the system manufacturer (Dell) that you may find useful for the issue you are having:

http://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/04/SLN115952/how-to-configure-three--3--displays-on-a-dell-latitude-notebook-with-intel-hd-4x00-graphics?lang=EN How to configure three (3) displays on a Dell Latitude Notebook with Intel HD 4x00 Graphics

NOTE: This link is being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there.

From the link above, you can find the following:

"WHAT DOES NOT WORK (HD 4000/HD 4400 ONLY)
  • If you use ANY ONE of the following items, you WILL NOT be able to configure 3 displays.
  • Any DisplayPort cable adapter. (This was verified in the testing lab, regardless of active or passive, VGA, HDMI or DVI using a DisplayPort cable adapter prevented 3 displays from working.
  • Any display that does not natively support video input from DisplayPort. (Again, no cable adapters, at all).
  • i3 Processor. (i3 processors are not Intel 4x00 graphics, they are Intel 2500).
  • Any dock other than the Dell E-Port Plus.
  • Any HDMI connected display."
The information above is applicable for your processor as it has the Intel® HD Graphics 4000 controller.

Hope this information helps.

Please don't hesitate in replying this post if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Juan Carlos
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi FreddieNature,

I was reviewing this thread and I wanted to know if you were able to make the 3 displays to work?

Please don't hesitate in replying to this post if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Juan Carlos
0 Kudos