1 2 3 4 Previous Next 54 Replies Latest reply on Jun 7, 2017 2:58 PM by cvare

Skull Canyon NUC6i7KYK - Resolution stuck at 1080p - LG E6 OLED

vampyren

Hi,

I have a few months ago bought a new NUC6i7KYK and connected it using HDMI to my new receiver

Denon AVR-X2300W: https://www.denon.co.uk/uk/product/homecinema/avreceiver/avrx2300w

I have also a PS4 Pro + Nintendo Switch connected to the receiver and from time to time i use remote desktop to connect to my NUC from another PC that uses 2k resolution.

Now the problem i'm facing is this. I was just now playing on my Switch which uses 1080p resolution. When i go back to the NUC windows is stuch at 1080p and i'm not able to change the resolution. The resolution setting windows goes only up to 1080p.

The only way to fix the problem is to reboot the NUC. Then it works as normal and goes back to 4k resolution by default.

I have a LG 55nch OLED E6: LG OLED55E6P: E6 OLED 4K Smart TV w/ webOS 3.0  | LG USA

This does not happen everytime and i cant re-produce it when i want. Its random, sometimes it happens when i have shut down the tv and the next day when i start my TV and want to watch a movie on my NUC. Not exactly sure what causes this but it happens very often, like every second/third day. I do use all my devices frequently so and switch between game, netflix, watching movie, remote desktop etc.

Does anyone have any clue why this happens?

My NUC is running windows 10 pro with all the latest drivers and windows update. I dont have particularly much programs installed either.

Hope someone can help me. I bouht this NUC for my media center but it just gives me allot of headache

1 2 3 4 Previous Next