Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Intel HD 630 visual artifacts on Windows 10 64-bits

idata
Employee

Hi, I have a i7-7700 (non K) and I'm using the IGPU, the Intel HD 630. I'm experiencing visual artifacts (black squares on the screen or random colors) in whatever programs which uses hardware acceleration, meaning Chrome, Games, etc.

I've RAM on stock clocks (2133Mhz) stock voltage and tried every config in BIOS. I've ruled out hardware issues since every test I ran on Linux works just fine, Intel Burn Test doesn't show instability either, so i'm pointing out to driver problems. I've tried Windows update ones, MSI Intel drivers for this mobo, and Intel ones from official page: specifically 15.45.14.4590, 15.45.4614 (Beta)

Is there any solution, help or anything? thanks in advance

PC specs:

Motherboard: MSI Z270 pc mate

RAM: Corsair Vengeance led (3200 Mhz)

PSU: Evga 500W

(sorry if I'm forgetting anything)

At the time of writing this an artifact occurred, here's the screenshot

EDIT: I tried fitting a dedicated GPU, artifacts are gone, but I need a solution for the IGPU

0 Kudos
15 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello FernandoDC,

Thank you for joining the Graphics community.

I would like to gather more details regarding your configuration, so could you please provide the reports mentioned below?

Intel® System Support Utility; https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility?product=91600 Download Intel® System Support Utility.

DxDiag report;

Click on the "Start Menu" -> Type "DxDiag" -> Press "Enter" -> Wait for the DirectX Diagnostic Tool to finish loading

In the DirectX Diagnostic Tool, click "Save All Information" -> Save the file DxDiag.txt

To attach a file, you must click "Use Advanced Editor" in the top right corner of the response box, then the "attach" option will appear in the bottom right corner of the response box.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Of course, and thank you

Here are the reports

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thanks /thread/112358 FernandoDC.

I set up the my ROG STRIX H270F GAMING, Intel® Core™ i5-7600 Processor and also the Intel® Core™ i7-7700K Processor, then installed the drivers versions you mentioned. But, the artifacts did not happen when using Google Chrome. Could you please let me know some of the games you play and the issue happens?

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thanks for your time

The CPU is new (bought it mid February), this issues have been happening since day one, I installed it correctly without troubles, and did every single thing to try to fix it with no luck.

The games I've tried are:

Space Engine: http://en.spaceengine.org/ Space Engine - Home page (i will attach a short video in avi format showing the artifacts and flickering)

Enter the Gungeon: http://store.steampowered.com/app/311690/ Enter the Gungeon on Steam (attaching screenshot)

Overcooked: http://store.steampowered.com/app/448510/ Overcooked on Steam (same flickering and artifacts but couldn't get a right-in-the-moment screenshot)

Also happens in Autocad 2017 (screenshot attached)

And, as I said, everything that uses hardware acceleration.

Could it be a faulty CPU? as it happens since day one

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/thread/112358 FernandoDC, thanks for the video and screenshots.

Please let me review your case, I will update the thread as soon as possible.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/thread/112358 FernandoDC, thank you for your patience.

After reviewing your thread, this behavior is looking like a hardware issue.So, for testing purposes; can you please try fitting one memory stick at a time?

Let me know the results.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Went ahead and tried that already, fitting one stick at a time and switching sticks, also fitting the CPU in an already stable system, no luck either.

Should I request a warranty replacement?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/thread/112358 FernandoDC, thank you for trying my suggestion.

Yes, please try that. You might have the option to replace the unit with the place of purchase; however, you have to check with them regarding their replacement policy. And from my end, you can always replace the unit with our support options.

Here you can find the link for the processor chat support; http://intelsupportchat.force.com/icslivechat/ics_tech_processor_ww_english_Chat http://intelsupportchat.force.com/icslivechat/ics_tech_processor_ww_english_Chat, and here you can find the phone contact info for all the GEOs or locations supported over the phone;

Please let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/thread/112358 FernandoDC, I just wanted to check if you were able to process the warranty for your unit.

Please let me know the results.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Amy, I sent all the data and I'm in the process of sending the CPU back to USA so I can get a replacement.

Will update the thread as soon as I've got it back.

Thank you for your help!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Sure, you're welcome.

Please keep me posted.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/thread/112358 FernandoDC, I just wanted to check on your progress, please let me know if you got the unit.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I just received the new CPU and it's working flawlessly. Thank you very much for your help!!

I'm marking the hard failure confirmation message as the correct answer.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/thread/112358 FernandoDC, that is really good to hear, thank you for taking the time to share the final solution with the community.

If there is something else I can help you with, please let me know.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
lokaditya
Beginner

sir i'm facing the same problem 

cpu - i5 10600k

0 Kudos